Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Franka Solida III - Scheneider Kreuznach 75mm f2.8 - Provia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Franka Solida III - Scheneider Kreuznach 75mm f2.8 - Provia Reply with quote

Typical mistake uncovered film counter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a capable camera, I like the catapult... erm cannon shot, and the statues came out great. You have some sensor dust too Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
. You have some sensor dust too Smile

Jussi, those are "flying saucer" birds, native to Hungary. Wink

Great set, Attila, the Franka is quite the performer! Oh yes, the Schneider
Kreuznach lens, nice!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Nesster wrote:
. You have some sensor dust too Smile

Jussi, those are "flying saucer" birds, native to Hungary. Wink

Great set, Attila, the Franka is quite the performer! Oh yes, the Schneider
Kreuznach lens, nice!

Boys I am living with a bird she is eating on my desk and flying around me .. not easy to scan without dust LOL.

I rate this Franka to equal level than best Bessa Folders.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did clean one picture. I love really this folder.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good stuff. Some of them look a bit over-exposed (could be scanning) and the big gun obviously needed a warming filter to balance the light, but you can do that in photoshop these days.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Paul! I try to make some improvement on this shoots.

How about this one ?

This is cropped from #1 and contrast,color modified, still no extra sharpening.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that may be pushing the contrast a bit far. You need to be careful with contrast, though old lenses often call for a little extra.

If you look at the side of the boat on the left and the building above it you can see that there is no detail left there. The same is true of some other buildings along the waterfront to a lesser degree. I think the exposure is maybe half a stop too high and has blown some of the highlights.

They say slide film is very sensitive to slight exposure errors, which probably doesn't make it ideal for the old folders where the shutter speeds may be a bit out. Or maybe you could rescan at a slightly lower exposure if there is actually detail in the slide. I think the V500 scanner may be inclined to clip the highlights.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it ! Many thanks!