Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Lisbon views with my Sigma DP1s
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Some Lisbon views with my Sigma DP1s Reply with quote

Past three days I've been in Lisbon for work.
The offices from the company I work for, are at the EXPO area, so that's what I could shot. I wear my DP1s because of its small size and the nice colour abilities:

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow fantastic shots of stunning architecture.#5 of the sails is great.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful! My preference goes to 1, 5 and 7, the first one being really great. The place looks superb...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, look a superb place with lot of photographic opportunities

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful shots of a familiar location! You should also consider walking 20mins North from the Expo area, the bridgefoot of Vasco da Gama bridge is spectacular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mo, ylyad and Poilu for your comments, it's a nice place to work and to shot.

Esox lucius wrote:
Wonderful shots of a familiar location! You should also consider walking 20mins North from the Expo area, the bridgefoot of Vasco da Gama bridge is spectacular

I'll do it in my next trip to Lisbon, thanks for the suggestion!.

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why no other company has picked up the foveon technology is beyond me. just great shots with a wonderful and different technology. i miss the beauty, breadth and depth of my sd14, imho capable of producing better than my 5d; i dont miss the operational garbage that made it impossible for me to use effectively. you handle the camera beautifully!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
why no other company has picked up the foveon technology is beyond me. just great shots with a wonderful and different technology. i miss the beauty, breadth and depth of my sd14, imho capable of producing better than my 5d; i dont miss the operational garbage that made it impossible for me to use effectively. you handle the camera beautifully!

Thanks for your kind comments. I did the same mistake, getting rid of the SD14 because I was unable to effectively get rid of the green cast. Now that I've got Adobe Lightroom and I've been able to fix my old SD14 pictures, I'm wondering if I get one again (or a SD15). My best pictures were taken with it...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi jes

well, i didnt have green cast but i hated the vf--i found it like a dark tunnel and i could never focus it correctly, even with magnification add on vf. also, i hated how it performed in low light, just awful for me anyway.

things are much easier with 5d, but when you hit sd14 100% and you hit 5d 100% i will take the foveon image, to my taste. problem for me is i am 100% with 5d 10x's more than with foveon! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series Jes! I love them all!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great series Jes! I love them all!

Thanks Attila!.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Thanks for your kind comments. I did the same mistake, getting rid of the SD14 because I was unable to effectively get rid of the green cast. Now that I've got Adobe Lightroom and I've been able to fix my old SD14 pictures, I'm wondering if I get one again (or a SD15). My best pictures were taken with it...

Hope you are able to make it happen.

I had been wanting to pick up a SD14, but I missed the fire-sale when they were selling them the cheapest (US $350 new!)... and once the SD15 hit, with its entry price of well over US $1000 for a body only, the used SD14 prices went through the roof! Sad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent capture of modern architecture. Great colors. Love the aerial cabs over the sea, nice subtle colors almost monochromatic. Surreal effect in the last one, the polarized windows must have done the trick.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great colours and compositions. Loved them all, especially 1,3,5, and 6. Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marty wrote:
Excellent capture of modern architecture. Great colors. Love the aerial cabs over the sea, nice subtle colors almost monochromatic. Surreal effect in the last one, the polarized windows must have done the trick.

Cheers, M.

Right!. I was shooting from inside the top floor at the hotel through the coloured glass windows.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments, yadisl and Scheimpflug.

Now I'm seriously looking for a SD14, and in exchange I'll get rid of one of the other SIGMAS (SD9, SD10).

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series, Jes! Love the colors from the Foveon sensor, and the
odd umbrellas/canopies and gondolas shots are my faves.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

THanks for your comments, Bill Smile

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

A common misconception is that Foveon sensor gives good colours. In reality it's colour accuracy is quite a bit inferior to typical bayer-array based sensor. Even the Foveon developing team admitted this a long time ago. Sigma marketing team on the other hand... Wink

Still, nice shots by the OP.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anu, I and I'm sure many others have seen your views concerning the
Foveon sensor and colors. No where did I say they were accurate colors,
but that I liked them. If there was a sensor out there that gave me colors
like I see with dark green sunglasses, I'd probably go for it. Why? Because
it'd be like walking on the yellow brick road to the Emerald City. Laughing