Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

the silent bell tower
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: the silent bell tower Reply with quote

Walking again with Industar 61 L/Z 50/2.8, looking in vain for sun...

There are not the original colors... this final state has some PS working behind.

By the way, guys... being in a ML forum, some kind of puritanical place, where usually people prefere to eliminate the "artificial" works of A lense or PS... I don't want to bother with "to much doctored pictures". So... if this kind of images is a little bit out of the line... just tell me. Thank you.

the silent bell tower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: the silent bell tower Reply with quote

zipp wrote:

By the way, guys... being in a ML forum, some kind of puritanical place, where usually people prefere to eliminate the "artificial" works of A lense or PS... I don't want to bother with "to much doctored pictures". So... if this kind of images is a little bit out of the line... just tell me. Thank you.

As far as I know, photographers have always relied on the processing and printing techniques to refine their photos... with the instruments of their time of course.
I can't see why should it be wrong to use the instruments of today!
As for being on a manual lenses forum, here's what I do: when I show a picture that is significantly postworked (I mean, beyond the gamma adjustment or the removal of the telephone wire), I just mention it. So people who looks at the image to evaluate a lens, can know what "belongs" to the lens and what is postwork.

Besides, this is the Gallery forum, which, at least in the intention, is dedicated to final artworks, so it's sort of expected that the pictures posted here have gone through a finalizing process (that can imply any degree of postwork).
In the Manual Lens forum, instead, where lens image samples should be posted, it becomes more important to specifically mention the details about postwork.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for information and suport, Orio.

I considered it was polite and fair-play to ask this... 'cause some times, in some forums-galeries the members don't accept "doctored" images.

Grazie!