Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lake Munga: Scored a new lens for my KX @ a swapmeet!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Lake Munga: Scored a new lens for my KX @ a swapmeet! Reply with quote

Went to a camera swap-meet last w/e and picked up a MZ60 with a Sigma 70-210 auto zoom and 24-70 auto zoom for $70. I was pretty sure these would work on my Pentax KX and they did so I had to do some initial test shots straight away.
The full article is here: http://protas.metalforfishes.com/?p=603
Here are just a few of my initial test shots with the sigma 70-210:

I hope you enjoy! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful series, great captures with your new lenses!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's the best $70 of image quality I've seen in a while Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Damn, that's the best $70 of image quality I've seen in a while Shocked

Cheers mate. Yes, I too felt like $70 was a bargain for just the 70-210mm. Let alone acquiring a 24-70mm too, with a working film body. Absolute bargain!
I can't wait for the next swap-meet to see if I can pick-up another nice addition for my Nex or Kx.
I want to do a test shootout soon between my Pentax 35-80mm auto zoom and my newly acquired sigma 24-70mm auto zoom. I think that should be something to see, how these 2 similar focal length lenses perform against each other.

poilu wrote:
beautiful series, great captures with your new lenses!

Thank you. Yes I think these came out ok for an unplanned test... hell the lens acquisition was unplanned. Very Happy