Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Landscapes & Portraits with 83mm f/1.9 A-K Takumar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Landscapes & Portraits with 83mm f/1.9 A-K Takumar Reply with quote

Landscapes (mostly stopped down to f/8 and f/5.6):

Portraits (all wide open!):

Finally a 100% crop of one of the portraits. Not bad for a almost 55 year old lens, eh?

Last edited by Spotmatic on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portraits are amazing, fresh, clear pictures. I am not impressed by landscape shoots.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results !

I love very much #1 from Landscapes and the perfect lively #3 from Portraits.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Peter, the portrait shots are superb and they show a lot of the personality.

With respect to the landscapes - they are technical ok. But since we have seen the great landscape panos of other members here we have to work hard to achieve the actual standards. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! impressive portraits! and wide open Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! Yes, there are a few superb landscape shooters on this forum and it's quite a task to try to reach their quality. But I'll learn it eventually Smile Oh, I see that one of them has responded in this topic Very Happy

I'm actually quite amazed by the portraits myself. So much quality from a lens of nearly 55 years old... Thank to mr. Ryohei Suzuki, the designer.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, the first portraits of your daughter last week were the hit too.
It seems that this lens is the "perfect" portrait lens

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added a 100% crop to the first post. Pretty amazing I think!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the portraits, they are very fresh and unmannered - like all of your portraits for that matter.