Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

seen some weird shapes on the web but this ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: seen some weird shapes on the web but this ? Reply with quote

hi,

Kinda was browsing ebay.
And found this weird looking thing.

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/Hugo-Meyer-for-Leica-screw-mou-5-5-25cm-Tele-Megor-chro-/370511944471?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56443b9b17

anyone know this thing?

ty Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It is the early version (chrome brass I think) of the 25cm Meyer Telemegor. I had a later one in Exakta mount. The earlier ones are less common than the later alu or black versions.

This one is less common than the more usual Exakta mount versions because, as the ad says, its got an uncouple Leica screw mount (M39). This means it was probably meant for the Leica Visoflex reflex device.

The Visoflex was effectively like turning the Leica into a rather clumsy SLR, with a very deep back focus. Therefore only longer lenses (90mm or more) could be used on the Visoflex.

Because of this it is quite easy to adapt lenses designed for Visoflex to modern SLR's.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

luisalegria can i please copy your brains to my hard-drive ?
Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: seen some weird shapes on the web,but this Reply with quote

Hi,I have one of these in M42 mount(chrome/brass) not an outstanding lens but are they really going for this much US? do not use it often but it just may have to go.Mine is in mint condition being CLA'd.