Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another old picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Another old picture Reply with quote

Going through my old files again, here is one done on HP5, Praktica B200 and Pentacon 135/2.8.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Another old picture Reply with quote

Haa time to answer this one Very Happy

I like the concentration, maybe its was just rolling a cigarette ... HP5 rendition is very good here, and the semi dark mood is fine. Exposed at how muc h ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexi,

Thanks for the appreciation.

It was taken at a window under direct sunlight, the walls in the background were actually white, but not lit; the model was actually trying to avoid getting the sun into her eyes, but the result is quite appealing nonetheless.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. It does look like she's concentrating.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You turned a white wall black? That's a pretty neat trick. Nice photo.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep coming back to look at this!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin, Paul and Peter.

Paul, it goes on to show that in a photograph, what are recorded are brightness levels (technically, "luminance"). The directional light missed the wall altogether, which was only less than a metre behind her, and the film considered it as darker than everything else at that particular film speed, shutter speed and aperture combination.

When I was teaching photographic printing, a lot of novices could not get it: "the wall is white so it should look white" and such. Of course it goes on to show that a photograph shows only a greated "censored" form of reality Smile

I still use that particular B200 and Pentacon lens, although the lens got quite battered since then but still keeps on trucking. Since all three of you gentleman have the same lens, I'd imagine you'd be taking it out for a spin soon!