Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax RX & Foma 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Contax RX & Foma 100 Reply with quote

Hello all

Finally it works great ! Here are some pictures taken few days ago, still at the boat festival. Lens used is Planar 1.7/50mm, film was developed with Rodinal 1+50 8minutes. Comments advices etc ... welcome Very Happy

here we go

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set Hexi, I'm glad the RX is working again. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats hexi, how do you like your RX
nice series, pretty fishwoman Jeanne D'Arc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good captures. The tones look great. I have to get some Foma and see if I can get results like this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanx folx.

I like my RX pretty much so far, its my 1st roll actually with it. easy to use, i just need a 135mm to match.

Martin try the Foma you won't be disseapointed ! Even in low light conditions it performs fine. I think as well that i found the good method for developing ( 1+50 with Rodinal ).

those pix could had a better rendition, it was full sun ( shot in the afternoon ) and i had to hide in the shadow like a sniper Razz nevermind, 'ill BE BACK

poilu wrote:
pretty fishwoman Jeanne D'Arc

Yes very pretty, she offered coffee and tea actually. I couldn't resist Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up for this thread instead of creating a new one. Same roll of Foma, except the lens is a Yashica ML 1.7/50mm. Very good lens, to be honest i have difficulties to see the difference with the 50mm Planar.

Both taken @f4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexi -- your bw examples are excellent!!

the tonality is like should be ..

well done!

tf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx trifox. The RX light meter is just amazing. I used center weighted metering for all those. And Foma film is great !

I can't wait to do prints, next year Cool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series. Good tonality and contrast (not to mention sharpness).
hexi wrote:
Yashica ML 1.7/50mm. Very good lens, to be honest i have difficulties to see the difference with the 50mm Planar.
If there is really any in practice. Sometimes we are so concerned about the brand to forget about the picture itself, aren't we? If both looks good why bother?
This post made me remember that I just happen to have 1 roll of Fomapan 100 in 120 waiting in my cupboard since a while. Maybe this weekend...

Cheers, Marty.