Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 lenses on Canon EOS 7D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: M42 lenses on Canon EOS 7D Reply with quote

Hello
just new to this forum
and also new with M42 lens

i just had a canon 7D specialy to make video
and i am interested about M42 lens

i know that ,with some lens where is a problem (mirror hits lens)
is somebody know is the the same problem with the canon 7D

Compatibility list of M42 and manual lenses
on Canon EOS 5D DSLR

thank you

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not totally sure, but I think this is a 5D only problem as the full frame sensor demands a bigger mirror. I'm sure someone on here will know for certain though Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the 7D takes the EF-S crop-sensor lenses I don't see how it could be a problem.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7D should be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some M42 lenses (some older aluminium Tessars and Biotars are part of them) that can not be mounted on Canon cameras regardless of the mirror. The reason is usually the construction of the rear part of the lens. There are lenses with protruding parts of the barrel that physically prevent the mounting of the lens on any Canon camera, including the APS-C cameras.

Those lenses are, however, a very small number compared to the total of useable M42 lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! And congratulations to your excellent new cam!