Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Sonnar 4/135 and Triotar 4/135. I understand now !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will share little secret with you. This procedure goes especially well with old alu Sonnars and Triotars, but don't use it on newer lenses.

You know the disinfection liquid used in hospitals by doctors and nurses for their hands? Well, put few drops from bottom side of the lens on inner housing , avoid glass of course. It will be easier if you focus on min. distance. This liquid is cool since it makes dried grease softer and also leaves some kind of lubricant behind that helps even more. If you won't use lens for a while you might have to repeat the procedure. Ebay sellers beware - if you'll write "smooth focussing" in the description you might get negative feedback since after lens reaches the buyer it will be stiff again Wink .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
I will share little secret with you. This procedure goes especially well with old alu Sonnars and Triotars, but don't use it on newer lenses.

You know the disinfection liquid used in hospitals by doctors and nurses for their hands? Well, put few drops from bottom side of the lens on inner housing , avoid glass of course. It will be easier if you focus on min. distance. This liquid is cool since it makes dried grease softer and also leaves some kind of lubricant behind that helps even more. If you won't use lens for a while you might have to repeat the procedure. Wink .

Shocked

Would it be the same liquid as hydroalcoholic soap used to dry wash hands ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with yours, but try it out!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see, Pancolart. Wink

Some Triotar shots taken yesterday as weather was very cold and sunny.
Gallery updated.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great samples Olivier!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila.

Despite the stiff focus ring...
Ouch, my wrist... Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Thank you Attila.

I am not kidding you. This is the product: Skinman soft N by ECOLAB.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Olivier wrote:
Thank you Attila.

I am not kidding you. This is the product: Skinman soft N by ECOLAB.

Pancolart, I know you're not kidding me. Wink
I just mentioned that I didn't fix it yet and despite that, I manage to take shots with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Sonnar now (4/135) and the focus ring is absolutely stiff. I read some of you had a stiff focus, too. I cannot even wind a little bit.
I am not sure whether liquid helps.
What do you think?

It is a very nice lens, and I want to use it. It is fix at infinite ...

Best regards
Bernd from Dresden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bernd.
Welcome here ! Very Happy

I've just have a look at my sonnar and triotar.
I'm surprised that my triotar is not so stiff today.
The smell makes me remind that I put a few drops of gun's oïl.
It works fine ! (avoid glass of course).

and I think you should try Pancolart's tip.

Pancolart wrote:
You know the disinfection liquid used in hospitals by doctors and nurses for their hands? Well, put few drops from bottom side of the lens on inner housing , avoid glass of course. It will be easier if you focus on min. distance. This liquid is cool since it makes dried grease softer and also leaves some kind of lubricant behind that helps even more. If you won't use lens for a while you might have to repeat the procedure.

Oh, and you should try to dismount the front
Spotmatic wrote:
Oh yes, now I remember! Do you see the slotted tube in the back? Unscrew this and the whole optical block comes off at the front (only the focusing helicoid stays). Then you should be able to put the optical block back in the correct position.