Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers . . .
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Happy Father's Day to all the fathers . . . Reply with quote

This Sunday in North America it will be Father's Day as well as the Summer Solistice. If you don't know it, this day is to acknowledge and "spoil" father's "publicly/officially",through gifts, special meals etc. As with the majority of sort of days the merchants make it a material occasion Rolling Eyes

Any how, Happy Father's day to all of you out there - be you a father, step-father, grandfather, male parent or uncle.

I warmed to the idea that this applied to myself after one of my oldest and best friends started to call me every Father's day to wish me the best, as I am a stepfather. Now every year David - my stepson calls to wish me Happy father's day.

Jim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Spain it uses to be the 19th of March, Saint Joseph's day.

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in Finland it is the name day for Juhani, Jussi, Juha... John to all English speakers. My name day... Smile (I was born on the other solstice)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Regards,
Jes.

In Italy too it's on St.Joseph Day, March 19th

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Jesito wrote:
Regards,
Jes.

In Italy too it's on St.Joseph Day, March 19th

The same here in Denmark.

Thank you anyway Jim.

Still my own opinion is, that it is a commercial stunt that have roots in greed and nothing else.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:

Still my own opinion is, that it is a commercial stunt that have roots in greed and nothing else.

Probably you're right, but I can think of worse reasons for a commercial event.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
lahnet wrote:

Probably you're right, but I can think of worse reasons for a commercial event.

Year like Mothers Day Twisted Evil

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Germany, we "celebrate" Father's Day on Ascension Thursday. ("Christi Himmelfahrt").

Well... in many cases to "celebrate" means walking around with other fathers through the village or some rural area pulling a handcart and getting awfully drunk.
Nothing that sounds like fun for me!

I insist on spending father's day with my family, because I do not have the chance to do that often. As a teacher I hardly have a free weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Argentina is today.

Great day for the fathers, for the fathers that stay with us and for those that are in a better world.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
In Argentina is today.

Great day for the fathers, for the fathers that stay with us and for those that are in a better world.

Rino.

So very true Rino . . . Sad
This is why today can be a little emotional for all of us who have lost our fathers or any of those who have been father figures to us, as well.

Once more for those who celebrate today, have a fun one with your family Very Happy Very Happy

Jim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim.
And in France, this is the Fathers' day too.
So, happy day to all fathers.

Olivier Very Happy