Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MF Lenses with easily adjustable infinity for NIKON-ians
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: MF Lenses with easily adjustable infinity for NIKON-ians Reply with quote

During my lens repairs i sometimes found MF lenses with flange that can be easily adjusted to achieve infinity even on Nikon cameras. I mean in a way everyone can do it.

For instance Enna München Tele-Ennalyt 5.6/300mm. You just unsrew top housing to left and release 4 screws holding focusing mechanism. Then (when on infinity) you turn released focusing ring to lower scale (like 30 meters for instance) and then fix 4x screws again. That's it. No additional glass in adapter required.

A list of such lenses could be permanent link.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: MF Lenses with easily adjustable infinity for NIKON-ians Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
For instance Enna München Tele-Ennalyt 5.6/300mm. You just unsrew top housing to left and release 4 screws holding focusing mechanism. Then (when on infinity) you turn released focusing ring to lower scale (like 30 meters for instance) and then fix 4x screws again. That's it.

It would be fantastic if you could take photos of these steps and document the procedure as a tech article. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tair-3 not snipper version
Jupiter-9 both are adjustable for Nikon.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
where can i find the procedure of adjusting jupiter 9 to Nikon infinity ?
thanks in advance
Thomas

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have also few lenses witch I would love to use with infinity focus on my Nikon (at least more than few meters), for example pancolar 1,8/50mm & 80mm, biotar 2/58mm, tair 11 2.8/133mm (silver M39 version)! I read few months ago on this forum that a member made this kind of conversion/modification with his own lenses but I can't find anymore the post and the name of this MFlenses member Embarassed ....
Anyway, if someone could help me or better if someone could be able to do that job for me (I will pay for it of course!), I will be verrrrrrrrrry interesting Very Happy .....

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Hi,
I have also few lenses witch I would love to use with infinity focus on my Nikon (at least more than few meters), for example pancolar 1,8/50mm & 80mm, biotar 2/58mm, tair 11 2.8/133mm (silver M39 version)! I read few months ago on this forum that a member made this kind of conversion/modification with his own lenses but I can't find anymore the post and the name of this MFlenses member Embarassed ....
Anyway, if someone could help me or better if someone could be able to do that job for me (I will pay for it of course!), I will be verrrrrrrrrry interesting Very Happy .....

Send me a list of lenses you'd like to have them adjusted. BR, Jure.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

Send me a list of lenses you'd like to have them adjusted. BR, Jure.

Ok, here is the list:
pancolar MC 1.8/50mm
pancolar MC 1.8/80mm
biotar 2/58mm (silver version)
Auto Mamiya/sekor SX 2.8/135mm
tair 11 2.8/133mm (silver M39 version)
industar macro 61-3MC 2.8/50mm
jupiter 37A 3.5/135mm
Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJZ 3.5/135.

Last edited by calvin83 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good topic! Does anyone have any pointers to sites with guides as to how the conversions might be done?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Panagor 90mm in Canon FD mount. I've been using it with a non-glass conversion to Nikon. Any idea if the infinity focus can be adjusted in it? Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has probably been said somewhere else but i think it should be mentioned here also. All (T)T2 / YS mount lenses are ideal for Nikon. No extra glass needed. Pure T2 has around 1cm extra space for any kind of mount and adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
It has probably been said somewhere else but i think it should be mentioned here also. All (T)T2 / YS mount lenses are ideal for Nikon. No extra glass needed. Pure T2 has around 1cm extra space for any kind of mount and adapter.

M42 and T/T2/T3 (YS) are similar in the sense that they both use a 42mm thread, yet they are also very different. The true M42 screw-mount has a register distance of 45.46mm and a thread pitch of 1 degree, whereas the T/T2/T3 mount has a 55mm register distance and a finer thread pitch of 0.75 degrees, making them ideal for nearly any SLR system.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew G. wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

M42 and T/T2/T3 (YS) are similar in the sense that they both use a 42mm thread, yet they are also very different. The true M42 screw-mount has a register distance of 45.46mm and a thread pitch of 1 degree, whereas the T/T2/T3 mount has a 55mm register distance and a finer thread pitch of 0.75 degrees, making them ideal for nearly any SLR system.

Some T2(YS) lenses have even T2 base removable thus even more space to put adapters/mounts between.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys... I usually use Canon cameras. However, for this weekend I needed to borrow my brother's camera D300s. I have a nice 2.8/ 35-70mm (I think) nikkor lens plus other wide angle lenses + 8mm sigma fish eye (from back when I used to be a Nikon fan)

However, what I was missing was a 200mm lens, so decided to buy from B&H a M42 to nikon adapter for my Jupiter-6 (2.8/180mm)

It just arrived and I realized the adapter has a piece of glass in it (my best guess was to allow infinite focus Sad ) . Big let down!!!

I came here to find out which mounts (besides the F mount Wink ) work best with nikon.

Quote:
(T)T2 / YS mount lenses

I guess I got my answer... now, I'll keep an eye for those too Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Nikon - M42 adapter Reply with quote

Do the adapters with the glass elements have a really powerful negative effect on optical performance?
I decided to buy one. They are really cheap, which suggests I ought not to expect much of it.
Imagine me sticking my 50mm f2.9 Meritar and the adapter on my Nikon FM. Well, that's what I wanted to do and my 30mm f3.5 Meyer Lydith too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible negative effect. Try to get your lenses infinity position adjusted with local serviceman so you won't need additional glass element.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon - M42 adapter with a optical element. Reply with quote

Just how bad are these adapters. I didn't expect much.
I figured why not have a short tube with a Nikon bayonet at one end and a M42 screw machined inside the other end of the tube?
Am I right that the flange - film plane distance is greater on a Nikon than a M42 camera?
The M42 screw lenses I have are still used on a M42 camera, which rules out adjustment of the lenses.
Anyone know if you can adjust a Ludwig 50mm Meritar or Helios 44-2 58mm preset (Biotar clone). To get infinity focus without any optical trickery?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tair 11a can be adjusted to get infinity, some shaving is needed, the CZJ 135/3.5 can be adjusted, no shaving needed and the process is reversable

Tomas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Meyer / Pentacon preset 2.8/135mm and 4/200mm just need proper spacer between Nikon adapter and removable mount. Something very easily done.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Both Meyer / Pentacon preset 2.8/135mm and 4/200mm just need proper spacer between Nikon adapter and removable mount. Something very easily done.

what do you use as spacers and how thick is this

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you'll have to measure it yourself, i was just speculating. Put any spacers between and check for infinity. When it's reached you'll have the required thickness. Then go to your basement and find some nice tube you will also be able to cut.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this list in a Polish Nikon forum

(http://forum.nikoniarze.pl/showpost.php?p=1708771&postcount=47)
(the translation is mine)

Quote:
M42 with possibility to adjust to infinity:
- Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50mm f/1.8
- Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135mm f/3.5
- Helios 44-3 58mm f/2.0
- Helios 44-4 58mm f/2.0
- Jupiter-37A 135mm f/3.5
- Lustrzane Rubinary 300,500,1000
- Pentacon 50mm f/1.8 MC - klejenie przy przerobieniu
- Pentacon 200mm f/4.0
- Pentacon Electric 135mm f/2.8 MC
- Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4
- Super-Takumar 55mm f/1.8
- Super-Takumar 135mm f/3.5

Interchangeable mount:
- Arsat H 20mm f/2.8
- Arsat H PCS 35mm f/2.8 "shift"
- Arsat PCS 35mm f/2,8
- Granit ???
- Helios 81H 50mm f/2
- Jupiter 135mm f/3,5
- Kalejnar 100mm f/2,8
- Meyer-Optik Primotar 135mm f/3.5
- Mir-10A 28mm f/3.5
- Mir-24 35mm f/2.0
- Mir-73H 20mm f/2.8 MC
- Peleng 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye
- Tair 135mm f/2,8
- Tair 300mm f/4.5
- Telear-H 200mm f/3.5
- Vivitar 28mm f/2.5
- Vivitar Series1 135mm f/2.3
- Zenitar 16mm f/2,8
ZOOM:
- Vivitar SERIES1 70-210mm f/2.8-4.0 APO Cosina v.4

This one is marked as a difficult to modify:
- Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 25mm f4 [Exakta 66]

All following mountings:
- Hasselblad
- Kiev 88
- Mamiya 645
- Pentacon Six [p-six]
- Pentax 6x7 [67]
- T2 [T-MOUNT]
- Tamron ADAPTALL
work with only adaptor (no additional optical element required).

Anything questionable -- just let me know.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Thank you Celafon to share this information here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leica R lenses

There is DIY conversion kit set on the market.