Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just won Planar 50mm f1.4 on Ebay!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Just won Planar 50mm f1.4 on Ebay! Reply with quote

I just won a Planar 50mm f1.4 on ebay. This will replace the planar 50mm f1.7 I had. I can hardly wait to get it! Here are some photos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, congrats! Someday...
What will you do with your 1.7?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats- some image samples would be nice, when you get to it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,

Kram,

I already sold the Planar 50mm f1.7 so that I could buy this one. If I would have been thinking, I would have sold it here instead of Ebay, I'm Sorry guys. Embarassed

Kathmandu,

As soon as I get it I promise I will post some pics. I will do one better, I will post pics and a Video made with it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hell of a lens ! I can tell cos i also sold my 1.7 version to get it . All i can say is :: ENJOY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexi Thanks,

It seems we were of the same mind. We both sold our Planar 50mm f1.7 to get the Planar 50mm f1.4. If you say its "A hell of a lens" I will believe you. I promise you I will definitely enjoy it! Very Happy

Thanks again

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! The Planar 50/1.4 is my favourite lens, I hardly ever remove it from the 5D, congratulations Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Great lens. With that one in your bag, you hardly need another 50 again!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, great! you keep the 1.7 for 1 month, when you will sell the 1.4 in 2 months, put it in the marketplace here

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu Wink

@bleach: A 95xxxxx serial! Laughing Didn't you post a message about this in another thread here or at fredmiranda? I remember seeing something about it but can't find it anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys,

just woke up here in the U.S and saw the replies.

ManualFocus-G,

I believe this lens will compete with my Planar 85mm f1.4 for the "MY favorite lens" title.

LucisPictor,

I was looking at a Nokton 58mm but this one is the"one".

Poilu,

This one is a "keeper", This one is going to be like the Planar 85mm f1.4, its not going anywhere. So I wouldn't want you to wait for it. Laughing

AhamB,

the 95xxxxx serial number was one of the things that peaked my attention about this lens.

"A 95xxxxx serial!, Didn't you post a message about this in another thread here or at fredmiranda? I remember seeing something about it but can't find it anymore." Shocked Laughing

you almost had me there AhamB. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific lens - you will love it

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrickh,

Thanks, I know I will. I am glad I decided to get this Planar to replace my Planar 50mm f1.7. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Bleach: I wasn't joking. Smile I'm sure I read a message from someone who was so enthusiastic about how new and minty his lens with 95 serial was... but maybe it was someone else then.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've never seen a #9XXXXXX one... must be one of the last ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well mine had a 5 at the start, but i don't complain much.

maybe we shall open the Planar club then ? Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Our Different international times seems to be interferring with our conversation. Just been up about 3 hours.

AhamB,

If you are really not joking, I would be very interested in that link if you came across it again! Surprised

Keysersoze27,

Up until I saw this lens for sale, I always thought that the Contax Zeiss Line ended in the late 8XXXXXX serial numbers like maybe the 89XXXXX.
When I saw the 9XXXXXX serial #, I was really surprised.I have seen many new Zeiss with like 1XXXXXXX serial numbers. So who know when the contax line finally ended. Confused

Hexi,

I don't think it makes a real difference if the lens has a 5XXXXXX or 9XXXXXX serial #. maybe there were some changes, but you probably couldn't really tell I think. This is coming from a guy who thought that Planar 50 mm f1.7's with 8XXXXXXX serial numbers were better that those with 6XXXXXX or 7XXXXXX serial numbers. I didn't really notice a difference from the other Planar 50mm f1.7's I had that were "6"s or "7"s. I would be grateful if you did open the club. Still short of (100) though. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bleach551 wrote:
Hexi,

I don't think it makes a real difference if the lens has a 5XXXXXX or 9XXXXXX serial #. maybe there were some changes, but you probably couldn't really tell I think.

It depends on the lens, but there certainly were changes. Apparently Zeiss has confirmed that there were design changes in the optics from the AE to MM version in the 25/2.8, 28/2.8 and 135/2.8 lenses, all the rest are speculation. I don't know the details of it, but this is what I've been told.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB,

Thanks again for setting me straight. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, this lens seems to be in very good shape.
And you will enjoy the monter planar 50 quality Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fourmix,

It seems like new and judging from that high 9xxxxxx serial number, it might have been one of the final ones for the Contax line made. But I am not sure at what serial number range they ended. I thought that the 8xxxxxx series serial numbers were when it ended until I saw this one.I have looked at the characteristics of other 50mm lenses from other manufacturers, and I personally like the Planar's better. Very Happy