Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 135mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

I stumbled upon a beautiful example of this lens at a local camera shop. They also had a nice Soligor 135/2.8, so I got to play with the two and really compare them. The Soligor had nice colors, but the sharpness of the Vivitar won out. The Vivitar doesn't do too bad on color itself. it followed me home.

It's not the fastest Vivitar 135 available, but it sure is sharp. I'm happy enough with it not to look for a faster one.

Here's some test shots. My parents have a very popular hummingbird feeder in their backyard. The birds let you get within about 2 meters of it before they get nervous and fly away. Makes for some fun shooting.

I think the first two above were at f/4. I'm sure the last one was at f/2.8. The last one is also a 100% crop with no sharpening. This lens is SHARP. It's a great companion for my 28mm Vivitar.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots of the hummers. Vivitar sold some great lenses, but it was always highly dependent on the sub who actually made them. Your 28 is well known as a sharp lens and I have missed a few lately on fleabay. Have you seen this site:

http://www.cameraquest.com/VivLensManuf.htm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a country! Very nice shoots! Congratulation for you new toy!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sharp pics.

The birds are very lovely too.

I'm waiting one from Canada but it's Konica Hexanon mount.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics. This is a good lens, my copy is on the way Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:

http://www.cameraquest.com/VivLensManuf.htm

That Vivitar list is not 100% accurate. There are other Vivitar lens makers that are not on that list, and a few of the serial number prefix's are incorrect.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you update the list or provide reference to another more accurate site?