Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Random graphic ones ( neg )
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Random graphic ones ( neg ) Reply with quote

Hello here.

At least i have some pictures done, last roll wasn't engaged properly so i messed up .... time :s

here comes from a trip near a castle nearby today. Praktica L body with Fomapan 100 developed in Rodinal ( 1+50 4 minutes ) negs are untouched. 3rd one is a bit dark, but i wanted a kinda creepy atmosphere Very Happy comments advices etc ... welcome

Tessar 50mm @f4

Sonnar 135mm @f5.6

Sonnar wide open

Tessar @f4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good compositions. #3 looks maybe moody but definitely not creepy to me, it lacks a certain uneasy feeling. I find a touch of motion blur sometimes helps to achieve that feeling in this kind of photographs.

Regards, Marty.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Marty, I agree, I often blur underexposed shots for this reason. And sometimes I underexpose blurred shots in post Wink

Nice set Hexi, #1 is my favourite, because of the details.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Sonnar shot, and the Tessar gate. Some nice b&w there.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx misters Carlsonn & Nesster. I need advices cause i'm not on a very good level yet. But i manage to get regular results in terms of rendition which is a big plus.

Here's another additon, same place, its a castle. The angle might be unusual, i choosed it cause i wanted to experience another point of view and besides i had a very good lean on the barrier for the lens. Sonnar 135mm @ f5.6. comments welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice crisp image. Any tips for keeping the dust off the negs?

I like the angle on that last one. Were you lying down when you shot that?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx. I was leaning on the "fences" that you see on pic 2, who are all round the castle front, so i had no troubles with lens handling.

I have no real secret for keeping negs without dust, but lately i bought an antistatic rag, so now after a good washing ( 5 minutes ), a washing aid for 2 minutes and a drying of about 2 hours i proceed like this for the negs and it works fine so far :

- i cut the negatives by a serie of 6 , then use a cotton swab with water to clean the rest of drying marks that rests on the negatives, very few water on them, and clean the whole with the antistatic rag, then put the negs under special protective sheets.

and : cause dust falls quickly on negs, before scanning i dust the negatives with a brush.

hope it helps Very Happy