Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elmar-R 3,5/35-70 (1982)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Elmar-R 3,5/35-70 (1982) Reply with quote

does any of you have experiences with this lens?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta-built MD Rokkor 35-70/3.5, two-ring non-macro?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be the Minolta formula in 1982

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what IQ should i suggest?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i was researching these, all i read recommended the later version, i think it had a 60mm filter mount.

I ended up getting the 35-70 f4 ROM, i love it, super sharp fantastic color, and easy to handle.

It was the first new Leica lens i ever bought, all the others were old 3 cam's. The price difference was relatively insignificant, when i compared getting a 30 year old lens versus the new one.

It will probably be the only new Leica i will buy, but there are some "relative" bargains around if you look

Here are a couple of crops of the landscape river shot i posted,

Full image

Middle Left Crop 100%:

Bottom Right Crop 100%:

Not bad for a zoom lens

Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This page should give you some idea:

http://www.photography-forums.com/minolta-md-leica-t13977.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all.

i recently purchased on of these lenses together with a summicron-r 2/50 (2nd) for very small money. i will see, if i will keep it. i got both lenses together for the actual value of the summicron (singularly). Laughing Laughing Laughing ... so if i'd sell the elmar, i would have summicron for free Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anybody happens to find a Leica 2.8-4.5/28-90 for acceptable money, don't hesitate. This is said to be - along the Zeiss 3.3-4/28-85 - one of the best "standard" zoom lenses ever.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supahmario wrote:

Dont expect to much. Did some testshot with the lens and the copy i tested in a local store was poor in terms of edge to edge perormance on a FF.
Also the contrast was not as good as i expect.
The newer ones should be far better.

Wouldnt buy this lens.. sorry.

cheers
Hinnerker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hinnerker wrote:
supahmario wrote:

Dont expect to much. Did some testshot with the lens and the copy i tested in a local store was poor in terms of edge to edge perormance on a FF.
Also the contrast was not as good as i expect.
The newer ones should be far better.

Wouldnt buy this lens.. sorry.

cheers
Hinnerker

well, as far as i could see, i can sell it for a bit more than 200€. (perhaps more, 'caus the seller said it is nearly unused!) and that would be the half price i paid! so i wont be too sad if it doesn't thrill me. Wink

but thank you for sharing your experiences, hinnecker!