Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Firefighters & The Brassband
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: The Firefighters & The Brassband Reply with quote

Sounds like a 60's band, eh? Smile

But these are just a few pictures of a Firefighter demonstration (cutting up a car to free the 'casualties') and a Brassband.

Everything was shot with a 135mm f/2.5 S-M-C Takumar. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystal clear results, Peter. Great pentaxy colors.
#1 and #9(!!!!) are superb Portraits. I like portraits which show something about a persons interest/hobby/profession.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way: is it the same lens-formule as my SMC K 135/2.5 ?
Results look similar whenever I am a bit surprised about the saturnation, is there some PS done ?

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tobias!

tobbsman wrote:
By the way: is it the same lens-formule as my SMC K 135/2.5 ?

Yes, it's essentially the same lens. The only difference is the barrel and the mount.

Quote:

Results look similar whenever I am a bit surprised about the saturnation, is there some PS done ?

No PS other than converting from RAW, resizing and sharpening (by the well-known framing script Wink)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax K-7 and Peter the key ... Superb result!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pentax K-7 and Peter the key ... Superb result!

I think so too Wink

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! it's you again who did this to me....your images with the Asahi-Kogaku 50/3.5 cost me a bit (I am still waiting for the adapter...it was apparently mailed more than two weeks ago, and hasn't reached me yet, and Alex is away and not responding to pm's Sad Sad Sad). I will now be getting this lens as well...you are expensive for me...just kidding. excellent, excellent images (I replied in DPR as well).

P.S: I think I've snapped out of it...I have the excellent F135/2.8, and this si not going to add too much...I have to resist.