Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar 35mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Super Takumar 35mm f3.5 Reply with quote

a small, cheap, but good lens ( on APS-C Pentax *istDs in Saigon )

to see better please click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/3909691251/sizes/l/ ( unbelieveable how bad my photos hosted on photobucket look )

best greetings,
Andreas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I find it renders very solid images, and is even handed with the scene. I recognize the qualities in your shots.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice & solid, on flickr it look even more impressive

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your comments
- and let me respond fast:

Nesster did you see the image on flickr for comparison? because the ones as shown here hosted on photobucket don't compare..

thank you poilu..

I usually upload full size to flickr, but it's medium size often is too small, it's large size too big to post in forums, so I resize in Photoshop to 800 x xxx Pixels using Image > Image size and use Photobucket to host.
But hey, how bad the images look!

Is it my mistake?
Or is photobucket that bad?
( almost all my photos shown here are hosted on photobucket and it's time I find a solution )

best regards,
Andreas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens and it's pretty damn good! Mine is a SMC version.

Here's one of my images:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a real goodie for all those B&W shots. Very nice work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If f3.5 is enough for your needs, this perhaps is the 35mm lens with the best value. It's a fantastic performer for a rather little price.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, great images Smile

I had one but sold it. Someday I'll buy another one. I know mr zewrak will praise it as soon as he sees this forumthread Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you everybody
I believe that the 3.5/35 is one of the best Takumars, together with the 1.4/50, 1.8/55, 2.8/105 and 4/150 ( which I have and use ) and the 1.8/85 and 3.5/24 ( which I don't have but wished to )

two more of the same shoot with the Super Takumar 3.5/35: ( hosted on ipernity.com )

and a friend handling my 'new' Yashica GL Very Happy

best regards,
Andreas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Andreas,
Nice to see you posting on this site. I see you are still shooting your candids - very skillfully I might add!
Nice series...
Regards...
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonymp wrote:
Hello Andreas,
Nice to see you posting on this site. I see you are still shooting your candids - very skillfully I might add!
Nice series...
Regards...
Tony

Hi Tony, great to see you here!
yep, posting here, and more than you Laughing
we both have been member here for quite a while, amazing that we had not noticed earlier.

Actually I hardly do candids any more. With my manual lenses the process is so much slower and more evident than it used to be with the silent and so very fast to operate A2. People are usually aware that I take their photo but accept it or even want it to be taken, usually I have established some relationship with my 'subjects'. My very likely best examples I showed in this thread: http://forum.mflenses.com/some-recent-s-m-c-tak-50-1-4-and-28-3-5-pics-from-nepal-t15254,highlight,nepal.html

At the threads at dpreview about the A2 users are still waiting for their upgrade, understandably, no EVIL yet with a tiltable viewfinder. But some could recognize that different cameras are for different uses. Accessibility of all important settings, changing them swiftly while the eye stays clued in the viewfinder seeing all changes of settings incl. live histogram. The A2, what a great experience, what an incredible downgrade to my dSLR. But it takes lenses, and does limited DoF, and high ISO
Rolling Eyes

best greetings,
Andreas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andreas,
Yes it is good to meet each other here - I took a look at the link to your post - excellent stuff Andreas - I would have guessed it was your work, even if I hadn't seen your name.

With my D200's I'm shooting more and more manually with AIS or Series E lenses, so even if I use an AF lens, I still swich to manal and focus that way. I find it more consistent and in keeping with my MF gear.
Speak again soon...
Kindest regards...
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony the manual focus lenses make me feel like a real photographer and I thoroughly enjoy using the old metal lenses.

I am not sure about the photobucket issue. Has the image improved again? Or is it simply that the reduced image size looks disappointing anyhow?

I guess even for this small, cheap lens only 100% crops does full justice:

best greetings,
Andreas