Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Greece today through a Moskva 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Greece today through a Moskva 5 Reply with quote

Shot on Across 100. I think the lab overcooked the negs and I had to do a fair bit of scanning adjustment and PS on them to get these:

If I was more skilled with the processing I would probably get something better. Still, the rangefinder focus on the girl in the top one pleased me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are all nice, but #3 for me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done - yes the girl is excellent, and the folks behind the old man's left shoulder are awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first one, the girl makes the pic.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great one! I feel there!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that great that crazy guys like us still use and honour old cams and then produce shots like these? Yes!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Isn't that great that crazy guys like us still use and honour old cams and then produce shots like these? Yes!!

The thing that amazed me was that one of America's top 10 most influential photographers, according to some survey or other, is a guy who switched back to a Graphlex Speed Graphic and used it for celebrity shots, etc, where the paparazzi were also in attendance.

I don't know why he is so influential, since I don't see many Graphlexes among the newsmen at today's events. Can't remember the guy's name but I think he shot President Clinton on Air Force One, and diving at the Olympics with it in the late 90s.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Old cams, lenses has personality not perfect neutral like new ones. I like home made cooking (old cams) rather than McDonalds (new cams).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had another crack at scanning and processing the pic of the girl with the old man. Better, I hope:

It's been a long time since I printed B&W.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 1 for me.