Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Why technical perfection doesn't always matter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Why technical perfection doesn't always matter Reply with quote

So maybe it's the eye of a proud father, but these two photos convey emotion and the moment for me... despite the technical limitations. I was finishing the roll and set exposure to what I thought I could get away with - f/2.8 (wide open) or slightly closed (3.2?) at 1/30 sec, HP5+, T-Max developer. The usual Epson 4490 and a ton of spotting work. Retina IIc with the Xenon 2.8/50.

Our daughter is on the right.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the first one - great capture at the right moment!

You have a beautiful daughter too. I'm sure you're proud of her! And at least she does not complain when photographed (at least not during that shoot Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is refreshing to see shots of life being lived.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster,

These are the pictures which will be treasured and remembered for the years - and indeed decades - to come, where the camera club prize-winners have long been forgotten.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks - yes, she's got her mother's smile... and is a pretty good photographer too, stole my Spotmatic a year ago, and now owns my K1000D. She does some elaborately set up photo shoots with her friends.