Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First Attempt Home B&Ws
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: First Attempt Home B&Ws Reply with quote

All with Pentax Spotmatic SPii and Ilford FP4+. Laughing

This is the roll I had had issues with loading onto the spiral. Unfortunately a few images were unsalvageable. But as this was a test run I'm not too botherd. Ilford film is very flimsy, unlike Fuji.

#1 CZJ MC Sonnar 135

#2 Vivitar Series 1 35-85

#3 Vivitar Series 1 35-85

#4 Vivitar Series 1 35-85

#5 Tamron 90mm

Last edited by martinsmith99 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardest thing in B&W the subject , that is very limited, most common subjects like these looks lot better in color in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of development and renditon, this is very good. especially the 1st one.

Ok, BW isn't for all subjects. But you can emphase the dramatic effects, plus i think its imagination for a big part. The more you look at a picture, you can find small details and see it in other ways ( i am not smoking weed at the moment ! Razz ) this is the truth, you have to give time to your images to mature. at least it worx for me

*sips wine*

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! nice b&w quality

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look pretty good. Loading the spiral is the hardest part, it takes patience and practice to get used to it. The rest of it is just about taking care to stick strictly to the the temperature, agitation times etc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much like the tones of those.
Know what you mean about the reels. Today for the first time I loaded a Jobo reel - a difference in familiarity from the Paterson and the bag was hot and sweaty Shocked At one point I thought about pulling back out, but had to persevere as I couldn't be sure on lightproofness if I took my arms back out. Got there in the end, but it was a bit of a squeaky reel.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them very much and I also agree with Hexi.

Farside wrote:
Today for the first time I loaded a Jobo reel - a difference in familiarity from the Paterson and the bag was hot and sweaty Shocked

Same here, this is the hardest part. You never know if it will fit or not. Taking a deep breath worked wonders.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flowers are adorable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look great for an early run. I love your duck.

As to loading reels .
Seriously guys try aprons. You can buy them on eBay or new at freestyle.

Here is a vid again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7_TDLaufDw

foolproof and drinkproof Wink method Cool

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the comments

Andy> Re the apron: This looks much easier, but looks like it would introduce dust/scratches?