Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A girl and her Teddy - Nikon 50mm 1.4 AIS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: A girl and her Teddy - Nikon 50mm 1.4 AIS Reply with quote

Now this shot might not be everyone's cup of tea as it was only a test shot but it's still one of my favourites - it's one of a series I shot earlier in the year with Millie who's popped over one afternoon to help with some Boudoir test poses I had in mind and wanted to try out.
Shot in natural light with only a 1 metre silver refector ( camera right) to provide a little fill. Exposure could have been better and so too could the set but, we were in a hurry to catch the falling light.
I love working with manual lenses and this one is no exception.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice with good atmosphere , sepia was great idea here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like it very much.
Nice atmosphere. I agree with Attila on the Sepia choice.
Her attitude is very natural which brings a lot to the picture.

Congrats. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very fine portrait. The nikkor is one of their best.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila, Oliver & Patrick - the shot was one of a series of pose tests which I now include in my stock poses which I shoot on film.

I love working with the older Nikon manual lenses and although I haven't as big a collection as I'd like, the ones I do own actually do get used regularly, often on a daily basis and I find they deliver just what it says on the tin!

It's curious, but when I shoot 'AF' I always seem to be checking to see if the image is sharply in focus yet, when I shoot my manual-only lenses, I'm not nearly so keen - I suppose I trust my own eyes more and even when using the AF versions or other AF lenses, I invariably switch them to manual where possible.

I don't know whether others find the same or whether it's because I primarily shoot medium format Bronicas where everything is manual and digital is mostly confined to being used conveniently as a 'polaroid substitute' for my neg film work. Shooting manually always makes me think more.

Tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this shot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shot...certainly not what I was expecting from the title, but beautiful nonetheless.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
I love this shot.

Thank you for your kind comment.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is extremely good use of natural light. Well done.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j_b_l wrote:
Beautiful shot...certainly not what I was expecting from the title, but beautiful nonetheless.

Thanks John - so what were you expecting? Laughing

Tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
That is extremely good use of natural light. Well done.

Thank you kindly Martin! I just love working with natural light.

Tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice double meaning title

nice image also