Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ilford Delta + EOS 50E + Makro-Planar 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Ilford Delta + EOS 50E + Makro-Planar 100 Reply with quote

Here is my first B+W contribution. After battling with a donated bottle of 10 years old Tetenal Ultrafin and very unpleasing results, I have found a bottle Ilfosol 3 in my local super market Shocked

It is not only the image quality which I like, the whole process is fun, creative.
Camera was complete on manual mode (50E is difficult to use with AF-adapters).

Here is the my sixth developed roll of B+W film, Ilford Delta 100, Ilfosol 3, dilution 1:14, 8mins developed @ ~21°C, "scanned" with Contax Bellow and S-Planar 74mm:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!
Yes self-made B&W is a load of fun.
I like most #3, 4, 5
You need an enlarger or you're missing half of the fun! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Orio, I'm really proud.

Here is my darkroom, the enlarger is very old and basic, Meopta Axomat 3, but better than nothing Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like those abstracts. Excellent B&W.

I just bought a bottle of Ilfosol as well, it seems like a good developer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job! My favorites are 3,4,5. Ilfosol S is indeed to put in the list of developers to try.
Regards, Marty.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks friends.
Yes, I'm very pleased with the results, especially the dynamic range. Nearly the contrast I was looking for.
I've already ordered different developers, to compare (Rollei RHS, RHL, Ilford DDX).
Only problem, the Ilfosol is very fast, I'm not able to develop the Pan F Plus with 1+9, only with 1+14 dilution.

Marty, I think the Ilfosol 3 is the successor from the Ilfosol S, which isn't available anymore. Not sure which one is/was better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! contrast is indeed very pleasing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
Marty, I think the Ilfosol 3 is the successor from the Ilfosol S, which isn't available anymore.

You're right, thank you for pointing that out. I just checked ilfordphoto.com they say verbatim:
Quote:
ILFORD ILFOSOL 3 black and white film developer is an enhanced formulation of the one-shot, general-purpose, liquid black and white film developer - ILFOSOL S.

So it should be possibly better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
while pic 3 is of great contrast , the others are a bit grayish, but it suits the mood. congrats for your dev and your darkroom equipment.

by the way trying the 10 yo tetenal wouldn't been a good idea, but fresh its a good developer. i suggest also agfa Rodinal / Foma R09 new ( other label same formula and dev times )