Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1973: Tamron 38-100 f/3.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: 1973: Tamron 38-100 f/3.8 Reply with quote

click on image to get to the larger flickr pic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, very nice post.

Who remember how good/bad was this lenses?

Perhaps anybody has it now.

It seems that the sun 65-130 (or so) all plated have copy this color of the tamron. Or was the tamron who did the copy?

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this message is outdated and deleted!

Last edited by Aykman on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:

It seems that the sun 65-130 (or so) all plated have copy this color of the tamron. Or was the tamron who did the copy?

Rino.

I may be wrong, as it's a long time since I saw either, but I think the Tamron finish was actually rather different to the Sun - Tamron sort of smooth 'lacquer' like and the Sun an 'eggshell' chrome. Anybody own either of them?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say .. lacquer or eggshell?
Not very shiny at least?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile why I love this group - sooner or later someone seems to have a copy of every lens ever made Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the lens in the advert, it looks great!

Optically it's not so good though, the sharpness is ok, it's a bit soft wide open but like usual stopping down a little helps a lot.

What is unusual is the amount of flaring this thing produces, it almost has a dream like quality to it, it's not usable for most things but I have a feeling it would be good for portraits because areas of brightness or high contrast just have this crazy glow.

It really offers nothing that isn't already better catered for by other lenses I have but there's just something about the way it looks and that dreamy flare that makes it hard to get rid of!

It could well be a bad copy but I almost feel like if I sold it and got a straight version it would have less appeal!

Does anyone else have a lens or two they keep hold of even though it doesn't produce the best results?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the text is great, it make you want this rare earth glass lens