Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8 IF-ED (no AF)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Nikkor AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8 IF-ED (no AF) Reply with quote

Hi,

I have for sale this legendary wide-angle zoom lens.
It's especially interesting for a MF fan, since the AF isn't working so, it's a nice opportunity to grab one cheaper than usual.
Excellent to mount on EOS or manual focus Nikon bodies.
There are people buying them new or almost new to use on Canon bodies, since it's much better than the 16-35mm L and at least as good as the 16-35mm L II.
It also surpasses the excellent and very expensive Contax N 17-35mm f/2.8. It isn't as good in the corners, but the overall results are better and the center of the Nikkor is much sharper.

I'm sure the AF problem can be fixed without spending that much, but that's not necessary for Canon users.

Talking about my particular copy, it's in near mint condition. I can only see little signs of use in the place where the lens hood is mounted.

Both caps are included, as well as the original box (also in excellent condition), although I don't have the manual.

I'll take some photos and post them in here today.

These generally cost more than 1400 eur in the only stores, brand new.

Taking in account the AF problem, I'm asking 580 eur, delivered inside the European Union

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikkor AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8 IF-ED (no AF) Reply with quote

jimlizard wrote:
I'm sure the AF problem can be fixed without spending that much

I am sorry to break your illusion but the silent wave motor on the 17-35/2.8D is a closed non-repairable module, replacable only. Nikon service price is 500 EUR. That's for a new AF-S motor, installed and adjusted on a 17-35/2.8D.

Mine lasted 10 years in heavy, almost everyday use. Just got it back from Nikon, shiny and new.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I confess I didn't have any idea! Thank you for the information. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Jim, I am confident the repair price is quite a surprise to most 17-35/2.8D owners as well Razz

It's a lens that's very easy to manual focus, being a wide. The focus throw is good. Smooth focusing as well. Excellent lens, easy to sell given its optical quality is so high.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree.
I think it still worths just to be used with manual focus, like you said. Wink

The lens is probably already sold, but I'm still dealing with a member of this forum.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold to OrcaH4H. Wink