Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wicked water with my Noflexar 105mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Wicked water with my Noflexar 105mm Reply with quote

So, one night, finally after i got the kids to bed, I found some time to fart around with one of my latest purchases: a Novoflex bellows fitted with a Noflexar 105mm f/4 Auto bellows lens.

Both the lens and the bellows have a Leica R mount and I stuck it on my EOS 40D to make my first attempt to shoot falling water drops. Since I do not have remote flash triggers (yet Wink ), I could only use one flash unit.

The flash i put into manual mode and I slid it into the hotshoe of my camera. Next I taped some blue cellophane on the front, mounted the whole lot to my tripod and started.

I happen to really like my purchase. The bellows is very nicely crafted and all knobs work silksmooth. Also the Noflexar did not disappoint so far, it is pretty sharp and the 105mm gives me plenty of working distance. Still, to get a nice smooth background I had to move closer than I hoped for, because some splashes just did not fit in the frame unfortunately.

The gallery can be found at http://picasaweb.google.nl/c.a.stones/Waterdrops.

Below some examples, of which I hope the links work Smile

With kind regards,

Crispian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, looks very cool Very Happy