Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Haze on lense
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Haze on lense Reply with quote

Hi, everybody I got the Zuiko 50mm lense with haze indside. It is the white ring cover the element but the centre is clear. Could I clear it? or do anything to remove it from my lense? I send it to famous labourer and he said that he can not remove it!
Do anyone give me more information about haze,please?
I'm so thank you! Razz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which 50mm ist that?

Perhaps it is not even worth all the hassle and you can find some other ones for little money.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so many thank,
In Vietnam, finding a zuiko lense is very hard, very hard Crying or Very sad I has found it for 7 months Confused so that If someone know way,help me please Confused

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/zuiko-50mm-f1-8-strip-t19498.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's haze just around the edges and clear in the middle, then you will probably be able to clean it. It may be vaporised grease, in which case it may also mean that your aperture blades may be sticking.
Use a q-tip with lighter fluid such as Ronsonol or Zippo. Clean residue with distilled water, then a new lens tissue.

You still didn't say which lens it is.

The OM Zuiko 50mm F1.8 is much easier to work on than the OM Zuiko 50mm F1.4