Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

please identify if this is fungus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: please identify if this is fungus Reply with quote

All,

below is a 100% crop of what I have on the edge of the front element of my CZ 35-70? Is it a fungus. The prior owner of the lens did not think it is. Anyway, it is too late for me to go back(beside, he did indicate that the lens has such markings on it). If so, what would be the best way to clean it up?

Cheers

1. 100% crop

2. fullsize

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fungus.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fungus, at the edge not impact anything and easy to remove from here. If you will store right around 40 % humidity without caps (use filter as caps) and get enough light at daytime it will not grow. So don't need to clean immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's fungus. Follow attila's advice, the only drawback is a fungused lens (or with damaged coating) loses value ($).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid about $260US for this lens w/EOS adapter -- so I guess it is not too bad; in any case it was a lesson learned. I will be getting some drybox, silica gel and etc to house my lens. By the way, pointer/link to how to disassemble this lens would be most appreciated.

Cheers