Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another bargain! Helios 135 f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Another bargain! Helios 135 f2.8 Reply with quote

Just won This Helios 135mm f2.8 with M42 fitting so it can go on the front of my Canon 40d. Won for £16.01. What a bargain. I have done a little research and found a fair few images taken with this lens and they were nearly all pretty stunning! This will go with my Helios 44 2 which was another bargain at £8.

Will i ever use my Canon lenses ever again?Laughing

Oh and if i go bankrupt i will blame you lot as this manual lens thing is damn addictive. I have lived on ebay for the past 2 weeks!!!!!! My eyes don't work anymore:lol:

Bad photo from the bay:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Helios 135/2.8 too, but with smaller focusing ring and built on shade. It is Japan (!) made. WO purple fringing, but after one stop much better and a really good lens. Mechanical Ok.
Good lucK with it!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
I have a Helios 135/2.8 too, but with smaller focusing ring and built on shade. It is Japan (!) made. WO purple fringing, but after one stop much better and a really good lens. Mechanical Ok.
Good lucK with it!

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a good lens. With good contrast (it's a MC one).

Who did make it??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Another bargain! Helios 135 f2.8 Reply with quote

andyw wrote:

Oh and if i go bankrupt i will blame you lot as this manual lens thing is damn addictive. I have lived on ebay for the past 2 weeks!!!!!! My eyes don't work anymore:lol:

Tell me about it... I think I should install some software to limit my eBay time to 1 h a day or something.

Congrats for the Soviet lenses! I bought a Helios-44M-4 and a 44-3. The latter seems to be better - at least my copy is sharper and the preset version with more blades always has an edge in my opinion. Both are coated. Also bought a Jupiter 135 mm, the 37A - it's another great deal.

I have not seen Helios 135/2.8 pics, you need to post some examples?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finish remind me to my Beroflex lens that was a so-so lens miles far from good one. I doubt about this lens make stunning images.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the time TOE marketed third-party lenses and accessories under the Helios brand, as a way to add to the Zenit (and RF) range of cameras they sold. After all, with the advent of the Zenit EM there was a shortage of automatic diaphragm lenses from the then Soviet Union.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote