Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just Bought Super Takumar 28mm 3.5 Prime. Any good?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Interesting point on sharpness.

It looks like as far as digital goes there is a limit beyond which lenses seem to be indistinguishable.

I can't tell one lens from another in terms of sharpness once the lenses get down to identical results at 1:1 pixel-peeping. And quite a lot of lenses manage that at 6 megapixels. When I get a higher-res camera maybe I will notice more distinctions in the pixel-peeping game.

Good film, well processed, seems to get beyond the limits of digital resolution, but there are so many other things likely to go wrong with film quality, picture quality, focus accuracy, processing/scanning and printing, that its not easy to take advantage of the absolute best lenses even on film.

Well if I scan my negatives and say one lens consistently (on average) is inferior to another or I do a test on lenses using the same film and swopping reliable camera bodies............. it only proves one thing i.e. one of MY lenses is better than another of mine.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if apparently / seemingly only owning 3 Takumars and one of them qualifying as quite good, the statement quote: ***...I find the common consumer taks inferior to common consumer Canon, Hexanon, Nikon and so on*** seems a bit Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
if apparently / seemingly only owning 3 Takumars and one of them qualifying as quite good, the statement quote: ***...I find the common consumer taks inferior to common consumer Canon, Hexanon, Nikon and so on*** seems a bit Shocked

............but I mention the word "MY" and don't speak for every similar tak in the world. And I understand Pentax in those days wanted to make an excellent name for themselves in the market, so quality control was excellent....so that would suggest "my" Tak lenses represent many in the world as I also haven't physically abused them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Takumars are good. My obsession? well........ Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
once they hook you, there's no going back Twisted Evil

I disagree entirely.

It's not the Takumars, it's the obsessive love of accumulating Takumars that's bad. Even then, if you're using them and sharing the results and/or saving them for future generations, why worry? lol

There's a story of some guy who told everyone he wanted to give up his LBA for Takumars; then later, he couldn't be found. A search party went out, and eventually they heard him in his own room screaming, "LET GO!! LET ME GO!!!" When they arrived he was in his cupboard, clutching his favourite Takumars (all of them) tightly to his chest.