Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair 300mm f4.5 (3PhS) repair manual?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Tair 300mm f4.5 (3PhS) repair manual? Reply with quote

Hi, I have just got one of these lenses and think I might need to clean it internally. Is there a manual for the repair/cleaning of this lens?

This is the "foto sniper" lens.

Pete

Last edited by Mad_Sunday on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still looking for a diagram/parts list/manual for this lens. However, it had developed a fault while I was using it. Whenever the lens was tilted with the focus from mid point to fully extended (close focus) there was a "clanking" sound from within the body. This was made worse as whatever had come lose was also occasionally causing the lens focus to jam. I had no choice but to open it up to investigate the problem. Removing the focus wheel assembly (four screws on the bottom plate with the lens in the infinity position) I was then able to extract the complete optical set from the body. A short barrel (approx 45mm dia and 50mm in length) fell out after it. I discovered that this barrel screws into the rear section of the body and simply needed re-fitting. This proved difficult as the body is very deep and I had no way of holding it in place while screwing it home. Eventually I used a cycle pump and some tissue pushed gently into the tube which allowed me to offer it up to the thread and screw it in a little. I was then able to use two finger tips pushing outwards to screw it home. While I had the optical unit out I was able to give the rear element a good clean from the outside and this has cleared 95% of the dust particles that were the reason for my original post. After careful alignment of the barrel/body/aperture/cocking lever (you need to pre load the springs) it has all gone back together OK. I hope this helps someone else who gets a problem.

Pete

Last edited by Mad_Sunday on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know any repair manual of Russian lenses, but they are simple as Kalasnyikov so not difficult to open and clean it.