Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wet and Windy - guess the lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Wet and Windy - guess the lens Reply with quote

Today is dull and windy and the lupins are past their best and waving about in the strong breeze - which is frustrating as I want to try out a lens I've never really come to terms with before. This is about as good as I can do today (the top of the flower isn't quite in focus) and it's no prizewinner:

The flower petals are actually sharp on the original, although they don't appear too crisp on here. What caught my attention is the way it has dissolved the background. Lens to subject distance around 5 feet / 1.5 metres, background about 5 to 7 feet / 1.5 to 2.2 metres behind the flower.

Any informed or inspired suggestions about what the lens is? Some clues: dates from the 1980s, 135mm, faster than most, multi-coated, 8-blade iris, maker still very much in business and it's not Russian. Quite common and still not particularly sought after, unlike some of its brothers from the same family.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CZJ Sonnar?

Edit - scrub that, obviously not as it's not that fast.

Last edited by martinsmith99 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax 135mm f2.5?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron Adaptall-2 135mm f/2.5?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax Takuma (bayonet) in K mount F2.5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takumar 135/2.5 (Bayonet)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Wet and Windy Reply with quote

Arrku wins the prize - or rather, he would if there were a prize! Yes, Tamron 135/2.5 Adaptall 2. Still available for ridiculously low proces on eBay and a very useful lens. It focuses almost 30cm/1ft closer than most 135s, which can be useful at times.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whee! For a while the Takumar voters had me doubting my guess… =)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
Whee! For a while the Takumar voters had me doubting my guess… =)

Arkku -

two things ...

1: was it just a guess or do you have one? I think the Takumar isn't as "good" (used to have one).

2:I apologise for my earlier mis-typing of "Arrku".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
1: was it just a guess or do you have one? I think the Takumar isn't as "good" (used to have one).

I have neither lens, so it was just a guess. I reasoned that it probably isn't the Takumar because it is quite sought after, and the number of aperture blades and approximate time period matched. =)

It would be interesting to see more samples taken with this Adaptall-2 lens, however.

scsambrook wrote:
2:I apologise for my earlier mis-typing of "Arrku".

No problem, it's quite common to mis-type it thus. =)