Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 65mm f2.8 silver - P645 -Provia 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 65mm f2.8 silver - P645 -Provia 100 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does this lens perform? Judging by this small picture it looks a bit weak in the corners, or?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diddy wrote:
How does this lens perform? Judging by this small picture it looks a bit weak in the corners, or?

Oh come on who care corners on and old rare lens , no idea.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me. Plus the corner details aren't at the same distance as the subject focused on, so who can say?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general consensus is that the 65mm Flektogon was one of the weakest preforming lenses available for the P6 system. This may have been a reason why production did not continue into the MC versions, but that's only speculation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 65mm was pointless , 50mm f4 did come out soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
diddy wrote:

Well, if you are just collecting it and have it sitting somewhere on a shelf, then fair enough. But if you actually want to use it a lot for shooting pictures, then resolution is important.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diddy wrote:
Attila wrote:
diddy wrote:

Well, if you are just collecting it and have it sitting somewhere on a shelf, then fair enough. But if you actually want to use it a lot for shooting pictures, then resolution is important.

Buy more common 50mm f4 , that is surely will enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think 65mm was pointless , 50mm f4 did come out soon.

I don't understand that reasoning. The 50mm was out already. The difference in focal length is like the difference between a 28mm and a 35mm lens on 135 film. It's like saying "I have a 28mm, so all 35mms are pointless." Plus, the 65mm Flektogon is a full stop faster.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never miss 35mm if I have 28mm , so pretty much point less I confirm it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: CZJ Flektogon 50mm or 65mm? Reply with quote

The 65mm is a rare lens, but the 50mm is wide open optical much better! I would definately choose the 50/4 Flektogon!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The angle of view difference between 28mm and 35mm is huge, much bigger than what the numbers would suggest.
A 35mm lens is a more universal lens because it lets you take both portraits and landscape.
The 1 stop faster speed is a further proof of the vocation of the 35mm lens to replace in many cases the standard lens 50mm
A 28mm lens is useable only for landscapes. Sure, you can get very close to a person and take a portrait of him/her,
but the distortion of the facial features would make it look ugly.
Whether the 65mm Flektogon was a weak performer or not, I can not tell (I never used one).
I have the 65mm MIR lens and it's excellent, but I don't know if it's a copy of the Flek or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have the 65mm MIR lens and it's excellent, but I don't know if it's a copy of the Flek or not.

I don't believe the Mir-38 that you have is a copy. The older Mir-3 on the other hand does appear to resemble the 65mm Flek design more closely. I imagine it can't be a direct copy, however, since the speed is different.