Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hasselblad and T-MAX 100, an unbeatable combination.........
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Hasselblad and T-MAX 100, an unbeatable combination......... Reply with quote

I had the A16 back on the 500CM for these along with various CZ lenses.

EAT YOUR HEART OUT DIGITAL!.........if you can't run with the BIG DOGS, then stay on the porch with the puppies!..

]

Last edited by NikonAIS on Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:46 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres nothing like medium format. nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:

And what about large format Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riddance77 wrote:
rbelyell wrote:

And what about large format Twisted Evil

The quality from 4x5 is astounding too be sure, but admittedly, it is not a "walking around" camera. Large format is a whole new realm. I have had an urge to get a Sinar P for many years now but doing so would mean also having to upgrade my enlarger from a Chromega 67 to something like a Beseler 45, which is not only very expensive but also takes up a lot more room.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work indeed, I like the range of different tonalities you have gotten from the same film stock.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Very nice work indeed, I like the range of different tonalities you have gotten from the same film stock.

Thanks! The old door (third from the bottom) is part of one of the old buildings on Fort Pickens, a fort where I live that was built in 1836. It is now a National Park. It played a key role in the Civil War and was even manned during WWII to protect our port from U-Boats. Partly due to age and partly due to the fact that was built by unskilled labor, no lines are actually "plumb", which adds to its charm.

Last edited by NikonAIS on Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that shot, such subjects are my favourite use for bw film, I am always hunting for old and decrepit buildings and machinery to shoot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I like that shot, such subjects are my favourite use for bw film, I am always hunting for old and decrepit buildings and machinery to shoot.

There are certainly situations where color is the most appropriate medium, but for graphic or emotional impact, black and white is unsurpassed. Think of the most iconic photographic images of the 20th century. How many were in black in white? Granted some were taken at a time when color was rare or not available. These images, and this is only a miniscule number of them, would have had nearly the impact had then been in color