Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Villa in Soragna
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Villa in Soragna Reply with quote

I don't know why, but when I photographed this villa in the small town of Soragna, last January, it made me immediately think of Peter Greenaway:

direct link:
http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/6915/villasoragna6780rj6.jpg

Technicalia: Zebra Flek 4/20, wide open, on EOS 400D.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good quality for a wide open shot!

What I like to know is how you transformed to Black/white.

Guido

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jigt wrote:
Good quality for a wide open shot!

That's the power of the Flektogon 4/20!
My best kept secret Wink

Jigt wrote:

What I like to know is how you transformed to Black/white.
Guido

Photoshop, Fred Miranda's plugin "BW Workflow Pro", a simple red filter simulation (could have used a real one actually). Then some work on the curves and the layers, to make selective adjustments to different areas of the image.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about Flektogon's power, but I can tell about this image power. A nice balance between the depresive garden (left-down corner) and the optimism of the sky (right-upper corner). I love the timeless atmosphere. I could swear that the picture was taken by a man wearing a swallow moustache, a black top hat and a monocle, caring on the sholders a havy wooden view camera. 19th century scent...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zipp wrote:
I don't know much about Flektogon's power, but I can tell about this image power. A nice balance between the depresive garden (left-down corner) and the optimism of the sky (right-upper corner). I love the timeless atmosphere. I could swear that the picture was taken by a man wearing a swallow moustache, a black top hat and a monocle, caring on the sholders a havy wooden view camera. 19th century scent...

hehe loved your fantasy description Zipp Laughing

P.S. I am really looking forward to your images for the calendar!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautifully done, Orio, late afternoon shot? Certainly does evoke a 19th
century setting. Cool

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

katastrofo wrote:
Beautifully done, Orio, late afternoon shot?

Yes, it was January and the days were short (and the sun always low)

katastrofo wrote:
Certainly does evoke a 19th
century setting. Cool
Bill

The garden surely does. The building itself should be really older, as it's part of the castle domain, and the castle of Soragna was build in year 1361 (I remember it because it's my year of birth - only 6 centuries before!)

Here's a link about it (Italian, sorry):
http://turismo.parma.it/page.asp?IDCategoria=260&IDSezione=1094&ID=34649

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This photo shows the gate I took the picture at.
It reveals better than the garden shot, the ancient nature of the construction: