Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Local deal, advice needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Local deal, advice needed Reply with quote

I stumbled upon a local ad for a few lenses:

revuenon 1:2.8 f=135mm
revuenon 1:2.8 f=35mm
revuenon 1:1.9 f=50mm
vivitar 1:2.8 f=90mm
asahi pentax 1:4/50

It's a part of a lot (with a camera, filters, bag and so on) which sells for ~280$. I'd like to make an offer for the takumar 50/1.4 and vivitar 90mm, what would be a fair price if the lenses are in nice condition?

Also, are these revuenons any good? I'm not very familiar with those. I don't even know in what mount these lenses are, the ad doesn't even says the camera brand, but I think I can read ***FLEX on the photo (it's low-res, hard to distinguish the letters).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera looks to be a Revueflex, and the lenses look like M42 mount, although one might be Pentax K mount. The lens you're interested in will be a flavour of Macro-Takumar if it's f/4 as opposed to f/1.4.

Value? Difficult to say really.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. You're right, I misread the part about the takumar 50mm. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Macro Takumar sells for around $200.00 on its own, and I would assume the Vivitar has to be worth something not far off that, so it looks a good deal to me if everything is in good condition.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only 50/4 that Pentax made AFAIK was the M42 Macro-Takumar 50/4 -- I recently bought one (beat up) for US$55. If the leftmost lens is the Vivitar, it strongly resembles the 90/2.8 macro I bought a couple years ago for US$3 (also beat up). In good condition, those macro lenses are indeed worth something like US$200 each. And they are both great lenses. GO FOR IT!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. I sent an email to the seller, hopefully we'll meet to check the lenses and if they're in good condition I'll buy this. Smile