Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ DDR Flektogon MC 2.4/35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: CZJ DDR Flektogon MC 2.4/35 Reply with quote

I'm amazed by this lens' sharpness.

The roll used was an Ilford FP4+, negatives scanned with the Canon CanoScan 8400f

(click on the images to see bigger versions)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems one of the lenses that will convince me to pay for such performance. Love that rose

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful lens indeed. Nice samples!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a good copy, it's a real gem.
But not all copies are good ones... Sad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

I can confirm, but "bad" ones are not too bad at all. You can sell it without any problem and still hunting for better one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine seems to be a good copy, except for a bit of oil on the blades (almost none). I'm curious.. what's the problem of having oil on the blades?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love that rose shot!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

star0nfire wrote:
Mine seems to be a good copy, except for a bit of oil on the blades (almost none). I'm curious.. what's the problem of having oil on the blades?

It's often not a problem on a preset lens, or even an auto stop-down lens you're using manually, because you're stopping it down at a slow-ish speed; but on an auto stop-down lens it stops down quickly and the blades can stick then get bent. This is because the blades are sliding over one another and have a bit of stiction related to their surface area. They were usually designed to run dry. Sometimes, once you've stopped it down it won't open back up again.
Also, this old oil can lose its oily properties and act more like a glue, if you're unlucky. The only solution is to strip and clean.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

I don't know if my is a good copy or not. I have not used it enough. Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
star0nfire wrote:

It's often not a problem on a preset lens, or even an auto stop-down lens you're using manually, because you're stopping it down at a slow-ish speed; but on an auto stop-down lens it stops down quickly and the blades can stick then get bent. This is because the blades are sliding over one another and have a bit of stiction related to their surface area. They were usually designed to run dry. Sometimes, once you've stopped it down it won't open back up again.
Also, this old oil can lose its oily properties and act more like a glue, if you're unlucky. The only solution is to strip and clean.

I see. At least for now it doesn't seem to be a problem (even when shooting it on auto mode), but the oil is almost non-existant. I might consider cleaning it in the future, though. Thanks for the explanation! Smile