Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya C3 and Practica FX3 pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Mamiya C3 and Practica FX3 pics Reply with quote

Hi everyone havnt been here for a while but thought i would share some of my first Film shots in a very long time, have purchased a Mamiya c3 and love it and have also started useing a Practica FX3 i have had on the shelf for a while. what a fantastic camera, just love the sound of the shutter and love how it matches with the Hellios lens.
thanks for looking
Dave
Mamiya C3 400asa ilford F5.6 30 sec

Fx3 Ilford 400asa Helios 44m F4 50sec

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice captures, both of them.

Last edited by Katastrofo on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shots! Did you use the Mamiya with the standard 80mm?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really very good pic with the soul of the medium format.

I want to have a 6x6 cam too.

Congratulations!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the portraits shots as in #1 where you can see the people, what they do, and the environment they work/live in.
It's a type of portrait photography that goes beyond the simple portraiture and tells us something about humans and the time.
This is a photo that will keep some meaning for the viewers also after, say, 150 years when maybe nodoby will remember of the people.
Congratulations!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are good ones as Orio said they are valuable memories.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

Thanks guys, your comments are encouraging its nice toi achieve what you set out to achieve with a photo.

Minolfan- yes i only have the standard lens but am considering parting with some of my lenses and bodys to try and raise enough to buy another lens.

Orio- i to love this type of portrait and are trying to do a series of shots of people at work, next person on the list is my butcher.

Still getting used to haveing to think about exposures, been useing a digital for way to long lol.

Dave

[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Good work! But was the exposure with the Praktica 1/50s rather than 50s, and the Mamiya 1/30s rather than 30s?

Regarding the Mamiya: the twinned lenses for this camera can go for quite modest amounts these days, keep your eyes peeled and be patient, see if you can find a 65mm which I think is of superlative quality, and the other focal lengths are no slouch either.

The Mamiya picture sample is what we call "environmental portrait", and can be a very rewarding exercise in story-telling through images rather than words. From where I stand, I still have the questions: what do they really do? do they build furniture, restore them, sell them, or collect them? What are their relationships? A series of pictures would be a good way to express all the who, what, how, why etc. But I can see that you have done a great job developing a rapport with the subjects and the mastery of the photographic techniques. Looking forward to seeing more!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Seele, i understand what you mean by your coments regarding the whole storie, as for shutter speed yes it was 1/50s and 1/30s.
Lenses for the mamiya here seem a bit steep but will keep looking on the net some are bound to come up.
Again thanks for your coments

Dave