Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beroflex 28mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Beroflex 28mm f2.8 Reply with quote

After the orribile pentacon 29mm i need a good 28 this lens is a good lens? I found it at 60€

Is a good Price?

Thank you

Nicola

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minus the zero number, you will get the real price for this lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the S-M-C 28/3.5, it's good and sharp.
OM 28/2.8 MC is also good.
Rokkor MC 28/2 has great color.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyonthinh wrote:
Minus the zero number, you will get the real price for this lens.

+1 forget it , Pentacon 29mm can be okay too, you had bad luck.
for 60 EUR try to have from good well known brand like Pentax, Nikon , Minolta etc some scratch on front no big deal and will fit into your budget , if you have mirror less camera look Konica 28mm can be awesome

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For under 10 euro, you can get Soligor 28 f2.8.
For 10-15 euro, you can get Minolta 28 f3.5.
For 20-25 euro, you can get Minolta 28 f2.8.
Btw Attila, I got a Pentacon 29mm f2.8, but I didnt take any pictures with it. How can I know it is a good copy? Do we have any examples from good copy here?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyonthinh wrote:
For under 10 euro, you can get Soligor 28 f2.8.
For 10-15 euro, you can get Minolta 28 f3.5.
For 20-25 euro, you can get Minolta 28 f2.8.
Btw Attila, I got a Pentacon 29mm f2.8, but I didnt take any pictures with it. How can I know it is a good copy? Do we have any examples from good copy here?

Take a shoot LOL, yes we have use search.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon 29mm is a lens that needs to be shot at f5.6-f8, otherwise it has soft edges due to field curvature. It's a lens that has a undeservedly bad reputation because people don't use it to it's strengths and expect it to be sharp over the whole frame at wide open or one stop closed, which is not how a wide angle should be used imho.

Pentacon 2.8/28 that replaced it is a better lens and a bargain at the very low prices it fetches.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Pentacon 29mm is a lens that needs to be shot at f5.6-f8, otherwise it has soft edges due to field curvature. It's a lens that has a undeservedly bad reputation because people don't use it to it's strengths and expect it to be sharp over the whole frame at wide open or one stop closed, which is not how a wide angle should be used imho.

Pentacon 2.8/28 that replaced it is a better lens and a bargain at the very low prices it fetches.

Excellent note many people clue less , they use lenses wide open at most time and surprise if a cheap lens not give good performance , instead of use it properly at F8-F11 and enjoy low price and great quality.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my Pentacon 29mm, not because I didn't like it but because I had too many lenses, it produced excellent images at f8, but ones with soft edges at f2.9, f4. This wasn't because it was a bad copy or faulty, it just wasn't designed to give a flat field with perfect corner to corner sharpness at wide apertures. Meyer/Pentacon weren't in the business of producing expensive uber-lenses, they were tasked with producing large quantities of reasonably cheap but still very capable lenses, and that's exactly what they did. You justh ave to accept their limitations and play to their strengths, then they will serve you very well.

I don't remember apertures for these shots, but to me the IQ is fine, not the best but certainly good enough and better than most of the Japanese third party 28mm lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your Beroflex is MC Cimko then it's certainly better then Pentacon and worth at least 30 EUR. It's very similar to RMC Tokina in performance. Very good wide-open sharpness at infinity and border to border, very good contrast.