Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Triotar got bitten !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: CZJ Triotar got bitten ! Reply with quote

Last I used this pre-war Triotar, the photos turns out bit hazy and lack of contrast. I decided to get a hood to see if it can improve the condition. At my local forum, I saw some one selling a 40.5cm ventilated hood for Leica rangefinder lens. Since I bought a 40.5cm front cap from Alex, the hood should fit. But too bad, the hood won't fit. Upon close inspection, I realised it got a dent. I try gently knock the dent out but it won't work. So I used a flat plier and try to pull out the dent. Suddenly, a chuck of the metal came out !! Shocked The metal too soft and got bitten a chuck by the plier !! Embarassed

See the gap ?

Now the hood will screw in but not full. I used 2 rubber ring washers to cover the gap.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, I went to test it out. The results now looks better.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got nice result really!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be a good lens in certain circumstances. Shame about the hood problem.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was a pretty clean cut for s pair of pliers. shame about that.