Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon G-III QL17
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Canon G-III QL17 Reply with quote

I use a lot of the ASA 400 Kodak C41 process film
Hope you like it
Tim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I like this one, need to try that film.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What lovely smile! Nice picture. Is the tint because it was C41 film or did you add it?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up one of these for a song recently in a "lot" sale where the seller didn't mention that it was the "GIII" version, & the picture showed it that is was (although it was hard to tell due to unsharp photo)...I'll have to run some film thru it as it looks like it is nice from the photo you have posted

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great capture. I found with this film, more than any other, development is key. The lab has to have a well calibrated machine or you get green prints. I had serious issues scanning this film (newton rings) because both sides are shiny; there doesn't appear to be a matte emulsion side. You seem to have done a good job with it though. Congrats.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
I picked up one of these for a song recently in a "lot" sale where the seller didn't mention that it was the "GIII" version, & the picture showed it that is was (although it was hard to tell due to unsharp photo)...I'll have to run some film thru it as it looks like it is nice from the photo you have posted

Scott, I think they are every bit as good as the Yashica Electro series. Hope
you find no issues with the camera.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Great capture. I found with this film, more than any other, development is key. The lab has to have a well calibrated machine or you get green prints. I had serious issues scanning this film (newton rings) because both sides are shiny; there doesn't appear to be a matte emulsion side. You seem to have done a good job with it though. Congrats.

Print tone depends on whether the printing machine has the correct "channel" installed or not. Automatic printing exposure adjustments also affects image tone and if the correct channel has been installed and selected, filtration would also be adjusted appropriately to ensure consistant print tone.

I remember some years ago, Kodak produced a RA4 paper which was monochromatic, sort of like the counterpart of the chromogenic monochrome film. I have only seen one lab advertising it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb shoot!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent !