Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Why this gallery ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Why this gallery ? Reply with quote

As manual and (often) old photographic equipment lovers, even if digital is, for many (but not all) of us, the main medium, we are often faced with great old equipment that can only be used with film.

Unfortunately, film is becoming less and less popular after the digital advent. This puts at risk many great photo cameras and equipment that can only work with film. Equipment that often is of much better build quality than today's digital equipment, and comes at a fraction of the price.

The purpose of this gallery is to show that these old tools, used with today's high definition and quality films, can produce stunning images, that have nothing to be ashamed about in comparison with digital images.

We hope that this forum will help many understand how good can be those old film cameras and how it is important to rescue both them and films themselves from being lost forever.

Viewing slides projected big on a wall is an emotion that (in the opinion of many of us) is still unmatched by digital photographs. We can not project slides through this gallery, but we hope that the images here will be an incentive to make you consider shooting slides and make your own slideshows at home, contributing to rescue this precious thing called film.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the process of scanning in hundreds of old slides and prints mostly taken on a Nikon FA and FE2 and I am blown away with the depth of colour and quality that I am getting.Sadly I am financially not in a position to purchase and use film cameras at the moment I just hope they will still be around when finances improve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well written Orio. Very well written.