Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus 35RC / Agfa APX 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Olympus 35RC / Agfa APX 100 Reply with quote

Here are a couple of scans from self-developed negatives of Agfa APX 100 (developed in Kodak HC-110, dilution H), shot with the Olympus 35RC rangefinder (non-interchangeable E.Zuiko 42mm f/2.8 lens). Critique and comments welcome, these are my early attempts of black and white photography and developing. =)

(In Stockholm, Sweden, next to the royal castle.)

(In Helsinki, Finland, somewhere in Punavuori.)

(In Helsinki, Finland, obviously next to the lutheran cathedral. =)

(In Helsinki, Finland, Esplanadi park.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very encouraging - I guess the prints will look better than what see we on screen. I especially like #1 and #3 - #1 has a timeless quality and #3 (with the 1950s motor car) a really period feeling to it.

Your pictures remind us that we don't need costly or sophistcated cameras to make images that are aesthetically and technically pleasing. More please!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good as first tentative !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent quality, congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic camera! Great film! Excellent results!
Congratulations, Arkku!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really not bad as first tentative! You got an eye, man. Good compositions and subjects. Go ahead this way.
Regards, Marty.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First shots are a relief when they turn out at all. Well done Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I must clarify, however, that when I said these are my “early attempts” at B&W and self-developing, I didn't mean that these are the very first shots. They are from self-developed rolls number 6 and 8. I've now developed up to roll 14, I think. =)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your retro style photos.