Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What did I buy?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: What did I buy? Reply with quote

Yesterday evening I won this ebay auction:
Click here to see on Ebay
It was listed as new, it had free shipping, it was relatively cheap and badly described (the title is "zoom camera lens") and, most of all, it looked to me (judging roughly by shape and focus and aperture scales) like a mir-10, which I've been looking for since some time, so I decided to take a little risk, I offered a couple of euros more than the previous offer, and won it.

Can anyone who knows this lens better than me confirm what I actually bought?

[EDIT]
I don't expect it to be actually "new", but being sold as that I think it kind of protects me in case the lens is damaged and I want to return it (even if the seller doesn't accept returns).

Last edited by Aanything on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It should be a Mir-10A.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be M42-mount...
Considering that is accurate the description "zoom" it is really compact and relative fast (max aperture = 3.5).
The barrel looks familiar, but cannot remember any zoom lens that looks like..... Rolling Eyes

EDIT:
calvin83 wrote:
Yes. It should be a Mir-10A.

Yes, it looks like the russian MIR but not really a zoom lens Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys: the item has just been shipped, so I will know the truth in a couple of days.
I don't really need another 28mm, but I love russian lenses and this can be a nice addition to my collection (together with zenitar 16, mir20, mir24, mir1, helios-44m7, industar50, jupiter 8, zenitar 1.7, kaleinar 5, jupiter 11, tair 11, jupiter 21, tair 3 and rubinar 500)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
I love russian lenses and this can be a nice addition to my collection (together with zenitar 16, mir20, mir24, mir1, helios-44m7, industar50, jupiter 8, zenitar 1.7, kaleinar 5, jupiter 11, tair 11, jupiter 21, tair 3 and rubinar 500)

+1 Cool

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
jupiter 8

jupiter 9 .. ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Aanything wrote:
jupiter 8

jupiter 9 .. ?

No, I have a 1950something jupiter 8 50/2 red P for kiev rf.

Actually a jupiter 9 would fit quite well in the list, but I still have to find one that meets my price requirements.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
Actually a jupiter 9 would fit quite well in the list

+1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT`s a Mir-10A i give you 200 perc. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
IT`s a Mir-10A i give you 200 perc. Wink

Thanks. It looks like I got a decent deal too, if it really is in good condition.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the lens arrived. As all of you guessed, it is indeed a mir 10-A, with serial number 880518.
It is not new at all: caps are not original, and it has the screws holding the mount a bit loose - luckily it doesn't look like it has been opened further than that.
On the other hand, the lens is beautiful and in amazing optical, mechanical and exterior condition.
I didn't expect it to be so big and heavy, and first looks in the camera screen look promising.