Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Yashica RF saga goes on ... Electro 35 FC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: The Yashica RF saga goes on ... Electro 35 FC Reply with quote

I'm not too happy with the scans (epson V200) but that's the best I managed so far.

Music Festival "Couleur Café", Brussels, June 2009

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice results Jieffe!
what you don't like in the scans?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs a little more contrast in PS. But some nice shots!
Shots have some flare, here's a treatment, not a cure:

I can take this down if you don't want it in your thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice results Jieffe!
what you don't like in the scans?

The prints looks sharper and the colors more vivid ... need to work on the curves again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Needs a little more contrast in PS. But some nice shots!
Shots have some flare, here's a treatment, not a cure:

The sun was low at that time.

Quote:
I can take this down if you don't want it in your thread.

Not at all. I like your version better than mine. Thanks !

To be honest, the scanning tools under Linux are not very user-friendly (compared to Windows) and you need to fiddle a lot with it to get a correct scan (I tried Xscanimage, Epson's iScan and finally settled for Vuescan).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to help the first one, but the highlights were a problem:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jieffe,
I am doing my scans with Linux and Vuescan as well. Don't try to get a perfect picture by the scanning alone, the scan is just to get all the information out of the neg or slide. You always have to adjust curves and colours a bit after the scanning to optimize the pics. You can use Gimp for that, it is sufficient as long as you don not need ultraprofessional results. For presentation in the web it is more than enough.

greetings
Gerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeCool wrote:
Hi Jieffe,
I am doing my scans with Linux and Vuescan as well. Don't try to get a perfect picture by the scanning alone,

Yes, as Katastrofo demonstrated, a skilled use of the curves can help, as long as there is enough information. I tried to save in DNG but ufraw had the colors mixed-up.
What bothers me is the lack of sharpness. I tried raising and lowering the negative but it had no effect ...
Oh well, my film production is not that important (in quantity), I just want to try if the gear is working not making masterpieces Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to scan a neg or slide from which you know it is really sharp. See if it is a scanner problem.

Gerd