Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

B&W Darkroom Print - Anastasia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: B&W Darkroom Print - Anastasia Reply with quote

I figured with the recent outstanding results presented by Orio and his darkroom, I would make his stuff look even better with my mediocre attempts at printing. I did a small batch of prints last night. Nothing seemed to be working properly but I think I got several decent enlargements. My darkroom is, to say the least, make-shift. This is my third time in the darkroom. I'm self-taught, though that is no great feat considering the multitudes of information available, and hopefully I'm getting better...

Enlarger Lens: Componon 4/50mm
Camera: Fujica st701
Lens: Zenitar 1.7/50mm
Film: Kodak Tri-X
Developer: Dektol
Paper: Kodabromide 8x10 F1 S
Print size closer to 6 1/2x 9 1/2
Scanner: Canoscan 700f

~Marc

Last edited by themoleman342 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:22 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, even though it could use a bit more contrast Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

star0nfire wrote:
I like it, even though it could use a bit more contrast Wink

Ditto!
Maybe it's the soft paper? The print probably looks better than the scan?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the print is much better. I can probably play around with the image a bit now that I just got a version of CS2 to play around with. The prints are generally lower contrast however. I think the paper is the culprit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!!
Happy to have a fellow printer in the group, and I hope that more join!
It's a special feeling to print your own images isn't it? Smile