Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Electro 35 / Tri-x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Electro 35 / Tri-x Reply with quote

Brooklyn, NY. Yashica Electro 35 GSN, Tri-X 400TX, developed in T-Max, Epson 4490

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usual CLEAN image from the Electro! Added to that, the composition is interesting and the grey tonal values are splendid! Did you develop yourself?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I sure did develop this myself... I was somewhat disappointed that I didn't get to adjust the times in order to shoot at ASA800 Wink

My tale of two Electros - the better one, with the better viewfinder patch and prettier outside, is brain dead. The one I use, works Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of this kind of photography, and I'm becoming a fan of the Electro 35 too Very Happy

Nice image!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I looked through some of your flickr work, it's good. I see you use the Electro 35 very effectively indeed

Th 35 is a really good cam, about the only things I'd change - 1) some provision for exposure comp 2) either smaller or have the back bulge out like the TL Electro X SLR - that bulge you wouldn't think was a big deal, but it makes the camera much easier to hold.

I'm wondering about my first developing/scanning efforts, it's like maybe I'm doing too much gray and too little black?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Nesster! Is there a switch on the camera that converts it to 6x7
format? Laughing Nice focused, contrasty image, excellent!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Thanks - I looked through some of your flickr work, it's good. I see you use the Electro 35 very effectively indeed

Th 35 is a really good cam, about the only things I'd change - 1) some provision for exposure comp 2) either smaller or have the back bulge out like the TL Electro X SLR - that bulge you wouldn't think was a big deal, but it makes the camera much easier to hold.

I'm wondering about my first developing/scanning efforts, it's like maybe I'm doing too much gray and too little black?

I think the black is about right. Looking in the wheel well of the car, and in the dark window in the building in the background, the blacks look pretty deep.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:

You can always use the ISO wheel to compensate the exposure Wink

I think you got the tones right. As Laurence said, you got deep blacks where they were supposed to be, and everything else is well balanced.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I've realized that I've forgotten what camera/lens I've used for a particular roll waiting for development... as I'm now paying more attention to film and developer Smile

The GSN held another surprise for me, as I hadn't used it since I got the Nikon FE - the film advance is just about as smoothly ratcheted on the GSN as it is on the Nikon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good.
In my opinion, B&W works special with urban shots.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the range of tones there is fine. What's the guy in the chair there for, is that a school crossing?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was just taking a nap - this particular block has nothing on it - across the street is a vast empty lot under construction of some sort, there are two parking lots on this side, and in the distance there you see a row of apartment buildings. I haven't a clue what the little slow guy is there for.