Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trioplan 100mm at different apertures
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Trioplan 100mm at different apertures Reply with quote

Just some samples. Sorry for the out of artistic interest of these shots...
The goal is to show the great quality of this venerable lens at other apertures than f2.8 or f4.

1- at f2.8

2- at f8

3- at f22

Then 2 others :
4- at f2.8 : wild bokey

5-at f8 : sharp with more reasonable bokey

That's a great lens !
and I like its 2 sides : the wild and the wise. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Trioplan 100mm at different apertures Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:

That's a great lens !

Thanks for posting! But I would call it the "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" lens. Because it has such a split personality! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Trioplan 100mm at different apertures Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Olivier wrote:

That's a great lens !

Thanks for posting! But I would call it the "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" lens. Because it has such a split personality! Very Happy

Totally right, Spotmatic !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for showing the Jekyll and Hyde side of the lens Very Happy
There is a Trioplanomania in the last days. I couldn't resist to bid on a M42 Trioplan 100 and I won the auction for a little bit more than 16 Euros.

Click here to see on Ebay.de

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MF-addicted wrote:
I won the auction for a little bit more than 16 Euros.

now that is a SUPER bargain !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MF-addicted wrote:
Thanks for showing the Jekyll and Hyde side of the lens Very Happy
There is a Trioplanomania in the last days. I couldn't resist to bid on a M42 Trioplan 100 and I won the auction for a little bit more than 16 Euros.

Click here to see on Ebay.de

Heh. That's even scruffier than mine Wink
If mine's any guide though, you might find it's an excellent user lens and all the other buyers were put off by the appearance.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:

Heh. That's even scruffier than mine Wink
If mine's any guide though, you might find it's an excellent user lens and all the other buyers were put off by the appearance.

That is like me looking in the mirror every morning and I although make excellent use of myself. Laughing
Seriously, I never had a severe damaged lens. If it was an old one with fungus, it is easy to maintain and a triplet is not like an 18 element zoom lens.
I placed the bid some time before and was willing to go up to 30 Euros, but the ending time was around 5 p.m. local time (most people are on their way from work to home).
... and I was infected with the Trioplanomania like swine flu. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quite surprised too by its quality at f22.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MF-addicted wrote:
There is a Trioplanomania in the last days.

That's the right word...

Click here to see on Ebay

$316, 2.5 days till the end...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unfortunate thing about the 'net is that we tend to push up prices of whatever we say as "good". Also interesting to see the seller makes iris blade count as a selling point!

I must keep quiet about the recomputed version of the Trioplan 100/2.8 with high refractive glass elements.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some guys have all the luck... Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
MF-addicted wrote:

That's the right word...

Shocked Shocked Shocked
I can't believe that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Canon, Nikon, Sigma, Tamron and other manufacturers should think about that... Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back last summer I used to see them going for 50-80GBP. I wish I'd picked one up at that price.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
no-X wrote:
MF-addicted wrote:

That's the right word...

Shocked Shocked Shocked
I can't believe that.

I can. Because on eBay, GOOD pictures are the key to successful sales.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
MF-addicted wrote:

That's the right word...

Madness, utter madness Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
no-X wrote:
MF-addicted wrote:

That's the right word...

Madness, utter madness Shocked

It should be relatively easy to polish the aluminum, maybe I should do this with mine and resell it as mint. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

People go crazy when they see shiny things and the word mint somewhere in the description.
Same thing happens when you give Free Shipping, but jack up the price of the item to cover the shipping anyway.
The brain of some people will go into must buy it now mode.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original finish of the lens barrel was a fine lathe-turned texture which would be impossible to replicate by polishing alone, it would take someone who has seen these lenses in the flesh to tell if a lens had been "refurbished".

However, I suspect that a very small number of units were finished in black, that actually makes the lens quite pleasant to the eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:

However, I suspect that a very small number of units were finished in black, that actually makes the lens quite pleasant to the eyes.

Interesting. Do you have a link to a photo of the black version?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only black one I know is the Trioplan N 2.8/100

https://ssl.allegro.pl/item623219917_trioplan_n_2_8_100_meyer_optik_stan_bdb.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific lens itself in built and design quality, and the pictures !! the one @f8 Shocked meh, now i want one ^.^

they seem to be rare, but i'll keep an eye on 'em

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MF-addicted,

The Trioplan N was only made for Exakta with automatic iris, and never released as pre-set for M42.

Spotmatic,

Several years ago one turned up on eBay but of course the page has long gone. It's identical to the bright finish but just in black.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
MF-addicted wrote:

That's the right word...

Oh No !!! Completely crazy...

Thanks to Wariaq, I paid mine 49€ (really mint condition, see in the equipment gallery).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
The original finish of the lens barrel was a fine lathe-turned texture which would be impossible to replicate by polishing alone, it would take someone who has seen these lenses in the flesh to tell if a lens had been "refurbished".

If you go about polishing it in a random pattern yea it would be noticeable, but they are ways to polish metal that should keep the stria look on the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadows wrote:

If you go about polishing it in a random pattern yea it would be noticeable, but they are ways to polish metal that should keep the stria look on the lens.

If you can do it and also take out the inevitable bumps and scratches, you'd have to get it anodizes too, as the aluminium can rot quite spectacularly... come to think of it, get it finished in black... or Tweety yellow, just to be unique!