Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Edixa-Travenar 1:3.5/135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Edixa-Travenar 1:3.5/135mm Reply with quote

I wrote about the Practica sale in the Leica-shop in Frankfurt, and bought myself two 135mm lenses, one the above Travenar made by U. Schacht from Ulm, the other one just named Jena 1:4/135mm. They were € 10 each.
I put the Travenar with an adapter in front of my D700 and went to the saturday market in Frankfurt, where I always am on saturdays, and where people drink cider (Frankfurt's speciality), eat grilled sausages and buy what they need for the wekend.
I took a few pictures which I only converted from RAW to TIFF/JPEG, set the white-point, but didn't do anything else. All at @f 5.6

Here are two of the son of a farmer-family, who sell their organically grown products and home-made jams and sausages.

Here is one from a flower-seller. I like flowers, but rarely photograph them. This I took, because I wanted to see the colours and the bokeh of the lense:

The last one shows the typical glasses for dinking cider:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 is a very fine portrait. You should take a print over to him, I'm sure he has never had such a good shot taken before

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrickh wrote:

Quote:
#2 is a very fine portrait. You should take a print over to him, I'm sure he has never had such a good shot taken before

I already promised him that he'll get a print-out.

Here is a another one of a girl selling bread and cakes. Her hair-colour changes every half a year:

And here is a guy in obviously very good mood, beautyfying himself with cherries:

Unfortunately the focus is not on his face, but on his shirt, but I still put it here, so at least one can judge the colours.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this lense most astonishing, it is extremely well built, nice to the eye, and cost me only €10.
Of course if you are out of focus, this doesn't matter, but if you hit it right, this lense can produce astonishing pictures like this one of our mail-woman.

@5.6 ISO 640 As it came out of the camera. Just converted from RAW:

If you take a street-car, subway or bus in Frankfurt, you'll find that almost all of the windows have been scratched. Now of course one can regret this kind of vanadalism, but I found that if the background is interesting and the sun shines through the grafitti, all of a sudden you see interesting pictures. The scratches gleaming in the sun, the background shows blurred colours.
Here are two shots though the same window at different stations.
Data as above.