Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 28mm f2.8 TX lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Vivitar 28mm f2.8 TX lens Reply with quote

Very nice little wide angle lens. A very late version of the TX line as there are no painted O and L on the lens mount release block but it has embossed O and L on top of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice samples!. Good saturation, for sure.
This is my first time seeing a TX mount.
To which camera(s) pertain or is used?.

Thanks for sharing!

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, very nice samples!

Jes, as far as I know, TX was an interchange lens standard like the Tamron Adaptall.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a couple of threads about TX / T4 around here... TX was more automatic, with the times, than T4. T4's were Soligors and Vivitars, TX was vivitar only.

That's a nice small lens - I have two of the TX 2.5 28's which are much larger, and very good lenses. Yours looks to be a good one as well.

I love the idea of adaptable lenses - I can and do throw my Soligor, Vivitars and Tamrons onto OM, Pentax K, M42, Pentax ES, Nikon AI, Nikon non AI, depending on make and model.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Really nice samples!. Good saturation, for sure.
This is my first time seeing a TX mount.
To which camera(s) pertain or is used?.

Thanks for sharing!

Jes.
\
Like the Tamron adaptall mounting system the TX and T4 mounting systems were interchangeable so the lens could be used on different brand cameras. The Casual Collector has a web page about these Vivitar and Soligor mounting systems...
http://www.vermontel.net/~wsalati/CasualCollector/t4_for_two.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nesster and Orio for looking and commenting.